Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Legion 7i and USB-C to DisplayPort not working

2020-11-10, 3:30 AM

I have the Legion 7i and a Samsung Odyssey G7 that I hoped to connect with a DisplayPort cable so that I could play with G-Sync, but there is no DisplayPort output on the laptop. I then bought myself a USB-C to DisplayPort cable because the specifications said that the laptop supported USB-C (DisplayPort™ 1.4). The problem though is that the monitor doesn't pick up a signal. The laptop recognizes that it is connected to a monitor and can move across the screen onto the monitor, but the monitor stays blacked out. I don't see what I can do to fix this, but if you guys could help me, that would be great.

Options

2095 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

228 Signins

10741 Page Views

• Views: 10741
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Legion 7i and USB-C to DisplayPort not working

2020-11-10, 12:22 PM

Hi ksuden,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Some Monitors have their own settings of detection. I'd suggest checking the manual for the Monitor in question to see if you need to switch the cable detection (if it has several) to the correct port. Also make sure you are extending or duplicating your laptop screen to the device.  Since the laptop is picking it up and you say you can move the mouse over to it, then this does not seem to be a laptop issue, but rather a Monitor problem.

Regards

Voithos 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

11-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-11-10, 17:14 PM

Thank you for your response. I looked through the Monitor manual but it says nothing about cable detection. I'll try to find a solution and if I do, I'll post what I did.

Options

1 Posts

04-08-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-08, 16:08 PM

Did anyone ever solve this problem? I'm having the exact same issue, to the T. Same computer, same monitor, same general frustration.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms