09-03-2020

US

11 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 1 of 7

Legion 7i battery drain

2020-09-03, 6:46 AM

I got the new Legion 7i laptop and everything seemed to be working normally then the battery started draining rapidly.  It got so bad that i requested for a replacement laptop. And I the same thing started happening but I was logging every simple update and this time, I caught it. It was the Corsair software. It seems Corsair has no interest in fixing it any time soon as I came across many posts after getting the machine that the iCue software has been draining batteries for ages. even when the lights are turned off.  Usually, since all that fancy RBG stuff is deployed on desktops, its not an issue but for a laptop that will be used half of the time without an outlet, it will kill the battery in a little over an hour. 

I also noticed that the rapid drain started immediately after updating the Corsair software. It seems like the original Corsair software which the Legion 7i  came with didn't drain the laptop. The drain actually happened after updating the app through the iCue software itself. Unfortunately, I didn't record the number attached to the update. I quickly just deleted the software and the drain stopped. After updating the software, its not enough to close it or stop it from running at start-up. Unless the app is removed, the drain will continue. 

Rest easy RGB lovers, removing the iCue software won't take away your RGB. You can still turn them on and off using the function up and down buttons and even adjust the brightness. All you lose is the ability to switch/change the patterns of the RGB. But here, if you don't plan on using the laptop as a mobile unit but as a constantly plugged in "glorified" desktop, then you can always reinstall the software.

Here's the thing, the build and price point of this laptop is great and the thermals are pretty cool (pardon the pun). It is also pretty compact and sleek enough to be used in the classroom. So its a shame that so many bad things will be said about the machine, especially by students who were hoping to get a dual purpose laptop (for classes and a bit of gaming on the side). I really hope someone at Lenovo sees it and just removes the software from from the device, at least, until Corsair fixes it.

Anyway, that's it. I'm going to bed. 

Options

8 Posts

09-07-2020

US

3 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 2 of 7

Legion 7i battery drain

2020-09-07, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I am having the same issues with mine. I also noticed the battery is draining fast when turned off and unplugged? In two days my system went from 100% battery to 72% with only 45 minutes run time in two days off?
Options

14 Posts

09-03-2020

US

11 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Legion 7i battery drain

2020-09-17, 4:37 AM
Update I just noticed that I am still able to change the patterns on my RGB with FN + SPACEBAR. So I guess the only thing you lose by deleting the defective iCue software is the ability to customize the RGB specifically and making profiles but hey, I will take longer battery life over RGB any day.
Options

1 Posts

09-22-2020

BE

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 7

Re:Legion 7i battery drain

2020-09-22, 21:40 PM

I have the same problem. I have read that with the update from Que that's it's even worse.

I need mine for classes , what should I remove ?

Options

16 Posts

04-27-2020

US

13 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-09-28, 15:21 PM

If you wish to fix the battery drain problem without losing the ability to use the iCUE software you can do the following:

-Press Windows key + R.

-Type services.msc and press enter to open up the Services snap-in.

-Scroll down to the C's and locate three Corsair services (Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration, Corsair LLA Service, Corsair Service).

-Right click each service and select properties.

-Change start up type value to disabled.

-Press Apply.

-Press the Stop button to stop the service.

The above steps disable the service that causes the CPU to burst to max clock rate and drain the battery. The change will persist through each reboot cycle on your system, however bear in mind that if you update the iCUE software through the iCUE application you will have to perform the above actions again... as the update process will enable the services again. 

Hope this helps.

Options

14 Posts

09-03-2020

US

11 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-10-04, 1:24 AM
Thanks for your input. That's cool. Personally, i want ever use the software again because the only function i would use is if it had mood lighting to match the background of the movie I'm watching or a function that would react to my music but the iCue doesn't do that so i'll pass. If you know any software that can, please lemme know.
Options

1 Posts

10-17-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-10-17, 15:18 PM
I don't know if you found the solution yet but if you didn't. What you are looking for in apps is either called iCue or Corsair iCue. Just uninstall that software and you never have to worry about it again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete