07-13-2020

US

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 12

Legion 7i unable to load monitor ICC color profiles in x-rite

2020-07-13, 21:19 PM

Has anyone had the issue of their Legion laptop shipping from the factory without the ICC color profiles for the monitor?  When my Legion 7i boots, X-Rite tries to load the ICC color profiles for my monitor.  It is unable to find these files on the machine and asks if you'd like to restore them from the Lenovo server.  After I choose 'yes' it tries to download the profiles from the Lenovo cloud using my machine's serial number.  The URL at Lenovo support it seems to be accessing is invalid.  As such the program displays an error and closes.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I have already tried reinstalling the X-Rite software but this doesn't solve the matter.  As stated it needs the ICC profile files and since they aren't present on the machine the reinstall doesn't remedy the problem.

I have contacted Legion support.  They don't seem to understand that the URL to the Lenovo server is invalid and either the files aren't stored on the Lenovo support server as they should be, or the ability to restore my machines ICC files isn't accessible by other means.  Their solution has been to replace the machine which I do not wish to do as it is only 7 days old and the issue is purely software and not hardware related.  Entire machine replacement is an overkill to fix a small missing file.  I have asked Legion support if they could send me my color profile files and they say they cannot do this for whatever reason even though it appears the files are being stored on the Lenovo server.  They are suggesting I reach out to X-rite which won't work as I doubt the x-rite company has admin access to files on a Lenovo support server.

It is frustrating that my machine as of now is unable to be properly color calibrated as it should be (as is advertised to be).  Does anyone know where they can find, or request, their monitors ICC profiles to be loaded into x-rite?

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:Legion 7i unable to load monitor ICC color profiles in x-rite

2020-07-14, 3:37 AM
Yeah. I have the same laptop as you I beleive, if it was the prebuilt 7i that went on sale. I recieved it last week and it had a faulty light in the vapor chamber, wouldn't charge at all, had a scratch and raised area on the back side of the monitor and the OS had alot of problems. I just recieved my replacement for that laptop and I got the same message as you. If Lenovo support tells me I need to return a second $1500 computer thats faulty from them, im going to be livid. I needed this computer from work, and I expected at least some quality coming from Lenovo and this is ridiculous. I've heard there were alot of problems from the early batches of prebuilt ones also that come from China and were not built in North Carolina. That was stated on reddit by the way so I dont know how accurate the statement actually is, but going by the products I have received, I would agree. If you find out a solution please update, I will be on the phone once again with support tommorow and I hope they dont suggest I send another laptop back.
Options

3 Posts

07-14-2020

US

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 12

2020-07-14, 15:27 PM

I have the same problem as well. I ordered the preconfigured model, which was part of the Black Friday sale, on 7/6. I received it yesterday and ran into this too. I did a live chat with Legion support. They said it was a new issue they had not heard of but that since it was a new laptop it should be plug and play and I would need to return it. They gave me a reference number and told me to contact their post-sales support team. 

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2020-07-14, 19:04 PM

So I spent about 45min on the phone with a rep through the premium support that come with the laptop. He seemed to suggest this is a new issue he has not heard of, which I suppose could be true if a lot of folks have just received the prebuilt that they purchased during the blackfriday sale. I told him that people have posted about the same issue on Lenovo support and there is evidence as well on forums such as reddit. He gave me an address to send pics to of the message that shows up. It is supposed to be a higher tier of tech support. He is letting them know that this seems to be a problem that becoming common. You could try and do the same thing, maybe the more they get the quicker they will get a solution for us. I don't plan on returning this one unless they are going to build me one with similar specs or I get a full refund. I am not planning on playing the lotto with them again. One time was bad enough considering the issues I had from the start, but the second one having issues is a red flag. It's honestly up to you if you want to return, however remember you will be playing the lotto like me. You could wait a little bit and hopefully a solution will arise. If I don't hear back within 3 days I am going to call them back until I get an answer. The address they gave to me was napremcare@lenovo.com. Im also sending pics of the forum that show others are having the same issues.

Options

3 Posts

07-14-2020

US

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 12

2020-07-14, 19:15 PM

I spoke with them about an hour ago. The guy I talked to said the issue has been escalated to the higher levels of support and that multiple reports have been coming in about it. Looks like our calls are starting to have a bit of an impact!

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2020-07-14, 19:29 PM
I am glad you called and they are starting to recognize this. Hopefully they can find a solution without automatic replacements. I will be coming back and posting updates as they come. Please do so as well, as you receive them. It is important we keep posting updates for others who may start having the issues with their new arrivals.
Options

2 Posts

07-13-2020

US

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 12

2020-07-14, 23:06 PM

I agree.  Replacing an entire machine because a simple file isn't available on the server is not the right solution.  Seems an actual solution should be developed rather that making the problem go away with the most drastic measure available.

Options

3 Posts

07-16-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2020-07-16, 13:44 PM

Same issue, just cropped up! I bought a P1 Gen 2 several months ago, and I just started having this issue today! I'm going to see if I can get something from support when they open up today.

Options

3 Posts

07-16-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2020-07-16, 13:53 PM

Interestingly enough, I checked X-Rite's ProgramData files, and the profiles are there too

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2020-07-17, 22:20 PM

Just wanted to post an update. I had to talk to support again. They are aware of the X-Rite software issue and it is something they are looking into but do not have a solution at this time. I wanted to post a follow up to my original comment which stated all the problems I have dealt with so far (on top of the X-Rite issue which led me to comment here with my experience.) I am now having battery issues as in on full charge I am only getting 2:30 hours of battery life with the system on quiet mode, battery saving mode, all RGB lights off, and I am also on dedicated GPU not the gaming GPU. Within 10 minutes of doing some email searching, bank stuff and light google searching for information (no videos, games, streaming, etc.) my battery drops to 70 percent with under 2 hours left. The more I continuously use it for this, the battery quickly drops. I have a tech coming to do an in-home repair once the battery arrives. If it ends up being a bigger issue, it seems it will be a laptop replacement type ordeal.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete