Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalufa
Punch Card
Views: 641
Message 1 of 3

Legion Y520 15-IKBM BIOS downgrade

Hello. Can the BIOS version of this laptop be downgraded. BIOS is the latest version of 5XCN20WW. I used Intel XTU to lower the processor voltage. There is some mess and currently the default profile is not 0V. Displays -0.135V.Unfortunately, the program does not provide editing for this account, and this setting of -0,135V is stored in BIOS. The processor voltage setting is not visible in the BIOS on the laptop. For this my only option is to lower the BIOS version of (5XCN09WW) because I am currently with the newest (5XCN20WW). So I will have default voltage settings. If anyone has this file (bios ver. 5XCN09WW) please share it. Тhanks

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 611
Message 2 of 3

Re: Legion Y520 15-IKBM BIOS downgrade

@kalufa@  wrote:

Can the BIOS version of this laptop be downgraded.

I am not familiar with your laptop, but I would expect it to have a "Load default settings" selection on the "Exit" tab in the BIOS.  Move the focus to that selection and press the RETURN or ENTER key on the keyboard.  Then exit the BIOS, saving the changes.  If you previously made changes to the BIOS settings, you will need to re-implement them.

I don't know whether resetting the BIOS to defaults will reset the CPU settings that are causing the problem, but it is worth trying. 

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

kalufa
Punch Card
Views: 608
Message 3 of 3

Re: Legion Y520 15-IKBM BIOS downgrade

That's what I tried. Unfortunately, resetting the BIOS defaults does not correct the processor voltage problem. I even removed the BIOS battery for 1 hour. Bios is cleared but not the processor voltage. after I start my laptop and turn on Intel XTU i see that the default profile again shows -0.135V. The default profile is taken by BIOS, which means that the BIOS processor voltage setting has not cleared.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors