cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_jerry3388
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 202
Message 11 of 15

Re: Legion Y520-15IKBA Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80WY: I am having framerate issues.

So long story short I tried resetting my laptop but it failed, so I went to a computer guy who looked at my laptop and said there is no hardware issue he could see and that my computer was fine. He cleared my cookies but my FPS problems are still persisting. He mentioned something about my wifi that could be affecting my frames?

If anything I am ready to try and reset my computer again. Any solution to the reset failing? It just said windows couldn't do it, resetting to what I had before. Paraphrasing, of course.

Guru
Views: 191
Message 12 of 15

Re: Legion Y520-15IKBA Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80WY: I am having framerate issues.

Did you try to reset or go to a system image? If the latter, try to fully reset, preferably WITHOUT the "save personal files" option.

If resetting itself failed, what was the issue? You can also try to reset by using the onekey recovery button on the side.
magichotdog
Punch Card
Views: 164
Message 13 of 15

OP How old is the laptop and when was the last time dust was cleaned out? I am hoping the guy looking at it did that for you because it honestly sounds like a heat issue. Also, what surface are you playing on when the issue occurs and does the issue occur if you have the extreme cooling turned on?
terky
Punch Card
Views: 138
Message 14 of 15

hi, i m having the same problem and same laptop,did u solve it<?
l_jerry3388
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 112
Message 15 of 15

Hey all, sorry I disappeared. So the problem fixed itself when I left it plugged in when I'm using it. I think the battery dipping caused framerate issues that persisted even if I charged it back up to 100%. Since leaving it plugged in, I have experienced no frame rate drops.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors