Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ghost_kitty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,184
Message 1 of 11

Legion Y520 Bsod

For the last three days, my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520 15IKBA) has been repeatedly bsod with varying reasons like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. Despite the blue screen claiming that it will collect data and restart, the percentage always remains at 0% until I manually restart. These usually happen while I am watching a video, trying to turn on the laptop (it gets stuck at varying stages, but mostly at the Lenovo screen), and a minute or so after logging in. After an hour of trying various methods of troubleshooting, the laptop somehow manages to start working, only to bsod again the following day.

I tried the hardware and devices troubleshooter (found nothing), driver verifier manager, updating drivers, system file checker (sfc), DISM (blue screened in the middle of it), startup repair (could not repair), ran the diagnostics on this site (simple scan for hardware and everything that seemed relevant for the operating system diagnostics, but got nothing), tried "chkdsk c: /f/r," and disabled hibernation. Being an idiot, I had not set up a restore point to return to. While I do not believe that there had been an update within the last week, I am unsure how I would make sure of that. I know I am not the most computer saavy, so if anyone could enlighen me on what else I could try or where this issue could posibly stem from, I would be grateful.

Balu420
Paper Tape
Views: 2,165
Message 2 of 11

Re: Legion Y520 Bsod

Hello,

I have the same issue for weeks, and can't do anything with it. I installed windows for plenty times but after, i got there to update my integrated VGA, got black screen with a with line bottom on it,and after it wont be able to boot again, it's just got the lenovo logo then blackscreen.
I have 33 days warranty left, but i bought it from the USA, and i live in Europe, Hungary and im not be able to find any service or support from Lenovo or any other Service partner, like their support inexistent or idk,
I cannot  contact with e-mail, or their phone nothing, coz they dont answer,
I dont know what to do, to throw into the trash and forget about notebooks for lifetime or idk,
They dont want to help me Smiley Sad

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Lenovo Employee MHubb85
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,163
Message 3 of 11

BSOD is definitely not what you want to run into in the middle of your week. I'm sorry this is happening to your machine. Could you go ahead and provide the specs for your device? Also, what was the results of the SFC run you performed? 

ghost_kitty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,148
Message 4 of 11

The specs are

Y520 15IKBA

Processor- Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

2.80 GHz

Installed Ram- 8 GB

64-bit operating system, x64- based processor

Windows 10 Home

Is there anything else that you need? The cbs.log is in the attachment. I just noticed that the dot before device performance & health is black for windows defender, but everything else has the green check mark. It also blue screened again with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION if that gives any additional information.

Lenovo Employee MHubb85
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,124
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for providing that information! Just a few more follow-ups for you while I try to find a solution for you.

Had you recently installed any programs when this error happened?

Are your BIOS set to the default settings? 

ghost_kitty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,122
Message 6 of 11

I have not manually installed any programs in the last two and half weeks aside from ccleaner earlier today. I just reset the BIOS to default, although I am not sure if I had changed anything prior.

Lenovo Employee MHubb85
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,085
Message 7 of 11

Just following up with you ghost_kitty. Did resetting the BIOS to defaults fix the issue? 

Balu420
Paper Tape
Views: 2,041
Message 8 of 11

When i got this trouble with this y520, i just updated the BIOS, after that when it tried to boot on itself got crashed, it couldn't bott into the system, so fast reboot (with hoolding power button for 10seccs), and after it couldnt recognise my SSD (the win was on it).
So i decided to make another win installiation, but after that i always got BSOD as soon as i connect to the internet (tha vga driver would been updated) and boom black screen 4ever.
Okay until i decide to try another windows installiation. i did it about 20 times after that i didnt want it.
Maybe i give a shot with this BIOS downgrade/ reset , but i cant believe in tales ... not anymore
Anyway, can a random Notebook service station deal with this (im 100% sure it's my integrated VGA only i insatall the driver got BLACK SCREEN WITH A BOTTOM WHITE LINE ON THE SCREEN) ? I mean is it a reapirable bug ?

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Lenovo Employee MHubb85
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,039
Message 9 of 11

@Balu420 wrote:

When i got this trouble with this y520, i just updated the BIOS, after that when it tried to boot on itself got crashed, it couldn't bott into the system, so fast reboot (with hoolding power button for 10seccs), and after it couldnt recognise my SSD (the win was on it).
So i decided to make another win installiation, but after that i always got BSOD as soon as i connect to the internet (tha vga driver would been updated) and boom black screen 4ever.
Okay until i decide to try another windows installiation. i did it about 20 times after that i didnt want it.
Maybe i give a shot with this BIOS downgrade/ reset , but i cant believe in tales ... not anymore
Anyway, can a random Notebook service station deal with this (im 100% sure it's my integrated VGA only i insatall the driver got BLACK SCREEN WITH A BOTTOM WHITE LINE ON THE SCREEN) ? I mean is it a reapirable bug ?

I'm really sorry tha happened to you. It sounds like you've taken all of the necessary steps on a software side to try to resolve the issue. Your next best step is to contact customer service and get it repaired or replaced because it sounds like a hardware issue at this point.

ghost_kitty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,028
Message 10 of 11

The laptop has not bsod since the bios reset, despite going through the various circumstances where it had earlier. Thank you for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors