Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheapsocks
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 1 of 1

Legion Y520 GPU not being recognized

Hi everyone! First forum post.

Recently I've noticed my computer not recognizing my 1050Ti as if it wasn't connected to the motherboard. I've uninstalled the drivers and when I ran Nvidia geforce to reinstall them, it couldn't find the gpu. As of now this usually resolves itself after a restart, but I was wondering why this happens in the first place and if anyone else has this problem?

I mostly just do CAD work with the computer, but I did play the new Tomb Raider on it because it ran a lot better on Nvidia hardware at the time (everything was set to low with no anti aliasing or fancy extra stuff). Could the game possibly caused the computer to overheat and slightly unseated the gpu?

Edit: I tried doing a benchmark with Tomb Raider (it's the most demanding game I have) and after about a minute, it crashes and the gpu is no longer detected. This happens whenever I'm on CAD as well with hardware acceleration on.

If this ends up being a dead gpu case, is there a way to disable it in the bios and run solely on the intel hd graphics?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors