cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranav_stefan
SCSI Port
Views: 442
Message 1 of 1

Legion Y520 extended warranty in India Gujarat not available. Support team not aware of Y520

My home town is at Vadodara, Gujarat, India. Currently I live at Hyderabad, Telangana, India. I am planning to buy Lenovo legion Y520 with at least 2 year extended warranty at my home town. i.e. Vadodara, Gujarat, India.

I visited 2 lenovo authorized store and one Chroma store in Hyderabad and I also inquired about this over the phone with Lenovo authorized store in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. They said extended warranty has to be bought online and they do not have any info about extended warranty. So i called lenovo toll free number 180030009990 and 180030009991. Here representative said that extended warranty is not available on this model in india as it is new release model.

After 4 days i again called same help line to confirm this as i could not believe this and also there was no other info over internet. This time lenovo representative said that the model legion Y520 does not exist. There is no such model. There is only Legion Y720.

Frustrated with this I email to services_ed@lenovo.com which is as per lenovo site, direct email id to executive director. I got a response that told email Shivkumar Yadav1 <syadav1@lenovo.com> to help me in this matter. Instead of giving me answer to this query Shivkumar Yadav1 told me to again call the same numbers 180030009990 and 180030009991 which i did not do because it is point less.

Some where in this mail thread i send him model number and part number so that he can help me batter as following  Legion Y520-15IKBN Part Number:  80WK00R0IN and i got response from Shivkumar Yadav1 that this model is not released yet in india and he will give info when it is released. Please see attached image with this reply. This is absolutely incorrect as i know for the fact that it has been release long back as it is available on lenovo stores, online store, Chroma, Flipkart, Amazon india.

I also landed on lenovo official web store page https://buyalenovo.com/ganesha/  Above page shows that we can buy legion Y520 - 2 year extended warranty at INR 999 instead of  INR 9999 as promotional offer, but only if laptop is bought at Maharashtra state of india and not in any other state of india. I mean why? what have other customer did wrong so that they are not eligible for this offer? It is enough that there are differences  between countries but now there are differences between states?

No offense to any one but can some one tell me what the hell is going on here. Isn't Lenovo one of the top laptop manufacturer brand? Because this clearly shows miss communication and lack of professionalization and lack capable customer support. If any one can draw some light here that would be great. Thanks 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors