Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranav_stefan
SCSI Port
Views: 439
Message 11 of 13

Re: Legion Y520 freezes on idle (Win10)

Can all of you facing this problem send version number of Windows 10, Intel, Nvidia display driver, BIOS? If there is a pattern then hopefully lenovo will look into it and provide fix. I am not facing any such issues as of now. so it might be incompatibility with may be new windows 10 or BIOS or display drivers...

ChristianReyesS
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 12 of 13

I have almost the same problem. I have disabled the suspension and I only use hibernation. In addition, I have configured the notebook so that in case of closing the screen it does not do anything, it will always be active and only the screen goes off. When it freezes, simply close and open the screen again, and everything works again. I have the impression that it is a problem of energy management. Also, deactivate the suspension because when I used it the notebook did not recover.

pranav_stefan
SCSI Port
Views: 366
Message 13 of 13

@ChristianReyesS wrote:

I have almost the same problem. I have disabled the suspension and I only use hibernation. In addition, I have configured the notebook so that in case of closing the screen it does not do anything, it will always be active and only the screen goes off. When it freezes, simply close and open the screen again, and everything works again. I have the impression that it is a problem of energy management. Also, deactivate the suspension because when I used it the notebook did not recover.

Your problem seems to be common problem with un-certified drivers. Use only drivers from Lenovo support site and see if your problem goes away.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors