05-20-2019 12:35 AM
I have the Legion Y520-IKBN connected with a USB-C adapter to DP a 144 Hz monitor (Acer XF270HUA). I want to know how can I use freesync in these conditions? Because the monitor is connect to the intel graphics and I cant access the freesync options on Nvidia panel. Its already switched to discrete in the BIOS.
Looking forward for your help.
05-21-2019 02:21 PM
Hi FelipeF! Welcome to our forums community. Firstly, make sure you've connected the display to your GPU using DisplayPort and not HDMI.
1. Activate FreeSync on your display, using on-screen controls.
2. Right-click NVIDIA logo on your Windows 10 taskbar.
3. Choose "NVIDIA Control Panel".
4. Choose "Change resolution" on the left menu.
5. Set the highest refresh rate for the FreeSync monitor.
6. Choose "Set up G-Sync" on the left menu.
7. Check the "Enable G-Sync" for the FreeSync monitor.
8. Fire up your favorite game and make sure there's no screen tearing or stuttering. Also, make sure you disable V-Sync.
05-21-2019 02:27 PM
05-21-2019 02:28 PM - edited 05-21-2019 02:30 PM
Thanks for your attention.
This monitor does not have any free sync option in on-screen menu.
The monitor is connect to the intel, so I cant change anything on the nvidia control panel. Following is the image of my nvidia control panel.
Its already set to the highest rate in the windows and intel control panel...
05-21-2019 03:17 PM
What? of course it didnt work... As I said, I dont have any options for the display on the nvidia control panel. The monitor is connected with the intel for some reason.
I am using a USB-C adapter to DP to connect the external monitor. But the notebook monitor is also on intel, so the problem could be some internal connection.