Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eahowa
What's DOS?
Views: 647
Message 1 of 6

Legion Y530 - Bluetooth completely disappears - Second return to service center

The bluetooth on my legion Y530 completely dissappears from everywhere. From the action center, the device manager, troubleshooting says the device doesn't have bluetooth, everywehre. I've reinstalled the drivers from Lenovo. I've scanned the device for hardware changes. I've completely reinstalled windows back to factory settings multiple times - which may resolve the issue for a couple of hours or a day and then it dissappears again. 

I sent the device back to Lenovo service center and they did a reinstallation of windows just like I've done - depite the fact I've made this known to Lenovo - and they sent it back and it, again, it worked for a day and then bluetooth dropped off. And for some reasons, perhaps shipping though I reused lenovo packaging plus some extra padding, there is now a chip in the plastic case of the device. I am now told I need to send the device back again - second time for the bluetooth issue and third in general. I like the y530, but without bluetooth I can't use many of my peripheral devices. I'm sending off the device for weeks at a time and only owned it for six months. At what point will it simply be replaced?

vladdd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 607
Message 2 of 6

Re: Legion Y530 - Bluetooth completely disappears - Second return to service center

Try to empty the battery completely. And ensure that it is empty. For instance enter BIOS when 10% left and leave it running until it turns of and wont start when you press the power button.

If the battery was removable you could just remove it.

Sometimes hardware chips get stuck and the only way to "reset" them is to cut off power. That being said i have no idea if this is the problem you are experiencing. I had a similar issue and only cutting power from the laptop MB helped.

You know the old "have you tried turning it off and on again?" Smiley Happy

Edgar242
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 3 of 6

Re: Legion Y530 - Bluetooth completely disappears - Second return to service center

I have the same issue, the audio from my laptop suddenly disappeared.

I am unable to turn on/off in device manager appears code 43.

I already tried unistalling and restarting and it doesn't work
image.png

image.png

Edgar242
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 4 of 6

I found this information, entering in BIOS setup and exit do the trick as it is mentioned here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Missing-bluetooth-it-just-disappears/m-p/4...

AdamTaxMann
What's DOS?
Views: 377
Message 5 of 6

Works perfect for me. Thanks. 

I just entered BIOS, do not change anything, exit with save. And presto. Everything works. 

gustavoas77
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 6 of 6

This is not acceptable, I just bought a Y530, bluetooth disappears once a week. If I unplug from power, remove the failed device, turn off and then on again it gets back. Ill test the BIOS change as well but Lenovo should just patch and fix it!

Ive spent hours setting up and now need to look for maintenance after a month, knowing they will probably just install windows again. This is frustrating...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors