Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArgelTa1
Punch Card
Views: 2,434
Message 261 of 310

Re: Legion Y530 Fan Control

In my case the cooling sound is loud, but it's very clean. It's like a jet taking off in my apartment. But, at the same time, you can hear only the sound of air coming in and going out, nothing else, which is a good design. 

@Yavor_Ivanov thanks for the info about re-pasting. I think it's time for me to do it and post the results. Good job!

Yavor_Ivanov
Paper Tape
Views: 2,430
Message 262 of 310

Please note that the bad paste is after their first "repair"  Maybe the factory one is not so bad. Also you can use 50% of your power mode. It drops the cpu to 2ghz and i stays at 41 Degrees instead 47 Degree (for me) .

UA_User
Punch Card
Views: 2,425
Message 263 of 310

Could you say what exactly the cooling system you are using?

i'm also siege player. Take a part in https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Win-a-Limited-Edition-Tom-Clancy-s-Rainbow-Six-Siege-s-L...

obscurson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,385
Message 264 of 310

Msabbahy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,263
Message 265 of 310

Does the latest  BIOS Update (8JCN50WW) fixes the issue with anyone??
actually i didn't get the update yet on my y530 1060 so i didn't get the chance to try it

obscurson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,249
Message 266 of 310

the best gaming laptop ever! Right now i played 2 hours Rainbow Six Siege and I am surprised. I never had so quiet gaming laptop at normal temperature. I did not noticed any problems with fans. Of course laptop is on cooling system and that`s all. And I can only hear cooling system fans. But they are not loud at all. My PC louder. Thank you Lenovo :-)
Highlighted
cosminbad
SCSI Port
Views: 2,204
Message 267 of 310

@Msabbahy: nothing changed, the fans run at full speed every now and then on idle. annoying and disturbing !

Disak
Punch Card
Views: 2,029
Message 268 of 310

Two pages ago I wrote how you can turn off your funs. It's work! But you have to keep an eye on the temperature. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Legion-Y530-Fan-Control/m-p/4393243/highlight/true#M2604...

Krste
Punch Card
Views: 2,010
Message 269 of 310

Thanks Disak,
This looks interesting !!
I will try it it the next days.
Twan_Lange
Paper Tape
Views: 1,765
Message 270 of 310

So... I know I'm INSANELY late, but this is what I found out so far and I hope it can help.

First of all, it seems to be that the Y530 just runs hot and that's the way it is. I don't like that aspect either, but there are some things you can do to minimize your problems:

-NEVER use "best performance" mode, always keep it on "better performance" because the first one just keeps your CPU at 3,9 MHz at all times (this is referring to the slider under your battery status);

-whenever you don't need your laptop to be at 100% power you should turn your CPU down a bit by opening the control panel, going to Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings and click on "change advanced power settings". A new window should open with a few useful tabs. Find Processor power management and click on it, then click on Maximum processor state and set it to any number under 100 (I usually keep it at 40, but you can find your own preference). Here you will see that there is, in fact, a difference between using your laptop on battery or while charging. There are also loads of useful options in the advanced settings, so just go and poke around a bit;

-if you ever want to set your fans to max speed (which is the opposite of what you were asking for) use ctrl+shift+1;

-try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt9L3BWOFo&feature=youtu.be

-I don't think using two screens should affect your fan speed in any way. As far as I know, that would only stress your GPU and my 1050 stays at about 40-50C at all times. Maybe download HWMonitor and check what part of your computer is getting hot.

I know I had a few more things, but I can't remember anything else right now so I'll maybe be back with more. I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if any of this has already been mentioned before (or all of it).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors