04-13-2019 09:48 AM
In the recent months, i have enconter the issues of dropping wifi signals about 2-3 times per week.
However, the problem keep arising in last week, drop about 3-4 times per day.
Hence, i called Malaysia onsite technical support, they are funny, why?
1. First technician come to my site, they bring along with the same Realtek 8822BE wifi interface card, and he used my lenovo vantage hardware scanned, he said my wifi interface card works properly, but the lenovo vantage scanned my PCI express system failed. After he restart my pc, the status of PCI express system works fine. (he did'nt replace the network interface card)
2. After the technician went back, my wifi still drops. And then i call back to the Malaysia technical onsite support, i told them why the PCI epress is failed? they said my PCI express might be failure, and they said they will sent a technician to replace, my part.
3. I waited for 2 days the technicians finally come to my site, but he still brings the Realtek 8822BE network interface card and say want to do testing if replace the wifi card. I refused to do that, because lenovo vantage show my PCI express system failed but Realtek 8822BE is pass.
4. Im anger, and call for the manager, i send all the image and hardware scan report to the manager of onsite team support, the manager told me to reset my pc, LOL.
After i go through the forum regarding the issues of wifi dropping and PCIe failure.
Here is my questions,
1. Am i have the right to ask the onsite team to replace Realtek 8822BE wifi interface card with Intel 9560, since its not working properly (A lot of legion y530 user complaint about it).
2. How to solve the issue of PCIe failure on sometime after start the pc for a time.
Below are the screenshots of my problems.
Thanks in advance!
05-02-2019 07:08 AM
Hi, Thanks for reaching out. The Legion Y530 was only officially tested with the Realtek 8822BE card. Changing it to an Intel 9560 Card will not be supported by the On-site Team. Also, there's no need to change the wifi card. If you're having issues with the latest Wi-Fi driver update (2024.0.2.101) for the Realtek 8822BE you can try updating to the latest drivers for the Realtek card below and see how it goes from there.
As for the PCIE Error have you tried updating to the latest BIOS Version for the computer? The currently installed version of your BIOS is 8JCN50WW and the most updated BIOS version in the support website is 9VCN15WW. I can recommend updating the BIOS version and see how you go from there.
You can download the newest BIOS version from here:
Let us know how this works out.
06-13-2019 03:00 PM
Does Lenovo really care? My laptop drops signal all the time. I called help they said it was my cable company. I have 2 other devices with no problems in my house. How do I get this fixed. I saw a you tube video changing the wifi card. It think a new one is about $15. Will anyone respond to this from Lenovo. I won't hold my breath.