Options

1 Posts

01-13-2021

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Legion Y530 causing internet speed drops during gaming. Nerve Center is all ready disabled.

2021-01-13, 23:12 PM

Lenovo Y530 can't run a game without completely eating bandwidth. I go from 200Mbps to 7Mbps, which is below the minimum threshold for streaming, so now this computer is eating my paycheck too. I disabled The Lenovo Nerve center and it's network priority weeks ago, since it was obvious the two were related. Every time the notification window for NC would pop up, the speeds would drop and that'd be it.  I've all ready updated all of my drivers, done the windows + r changes, changed setting in the router, changed cables, tried an ethernet adapter, ran anti malware and anti virus and found nothing at all. ISP can't even find my laptop on the network when it's acting like this. Rebooting the computer used to work and get it back on track (sometimes) for the next 24 hours as long as I didn't need to close the game and reopen it. 

I've narrowed it down completely to it being the game that triggers it. Nothing else is running, but the game is in offline mode, so it can't be the problem. It's something within the laptop causing it. I've tried every suggestion, even the ones that aren't even relevant to the issue at hand. I cannot get a refund for this thing, the warranty has expired. Please don't suggest I get a different laptop. That isn't an option.

Options

899 Posts

04-23-2019

US

436 Signins

14107 Page Views

• Views: 14107
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Legion Y530 causing internet speed drops during gaming. Nerve Center is all ready disabled.

2021-01-14, 16:37 PM

Hello @y530wasamistake,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried uninstalling the Nerve Center program other than simply disabling it?

You might also want to try performing a Network reset by searching for it in the start menu.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms