Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Legion Y530 swelling keyboard near the On button

2020-07-21, 7:32 AM

I just notice that the gap between the keyboard and the monitor near the On button is touching with each other. My laptop is functioning very well. No other issue other than that. Please help!

Options

2836 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

377 Signins

14526 Page Views

• Views: 14526
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Legion Y530 swelling keyboard near the On button

2020-07-21, 10:10 AM

Hi there Fujitime,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Is the area that is swelling extremely hot ? Like burning hot at times when using the device ? Is there any swelling on the bottom plate of the device ? If so, then it could be a hardware fault with the battery.

I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be assessed by an authorized technician and replaced.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

07-21-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-07-22, 23:34 PM

@ Voithos wrote:

Hi there Fujitime,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Is the area that is swelling extremely hot ? Like burning hot at times when using the device ? Is there any swelling on the bottom plate of the device ? If so, then it could be a hardware fault with the battery.

I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be assessed by an authorized technician and replaced.

Regards

Voithos

Hi Viothos

Yes, I felt that it was extremely hot and burning when ever I played Dota 2.I  Cannot even touch the fan under my device for 5 seconds because it was really hot. I really cannot understand since my device is placed on a laptop pad which allows proper ventilation. 

I just realized the swelling recently when i was doing my office works.  

Options

1 Posts

07-10-2021

Cyprus

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 6

Legion Y530 swelling keyboard near the On button

2021-07-10, 16:15 PM

So i have the same swelling on a brand new legion 5. Is it by design like this or it is an issue?

Options

2836 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

377 Signins

14526 Page Views

• Views: 14526
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-07-12, 8:01 AM

@ makistsep wrote:

So i have the same swelling on a brand new legion 5. Is it by design like this or it is an issue?

A swollen or bulging battery should always be checked out. Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2021

Germany

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-11-25, 11:49 AM

I have the same issue too with Lenovo Legion 5. It has been almost 2 months that I bought this laptop. You can see the bulging near the power button in the picture. But there is no change in performance or in thermals. Because the battery is on the bottom and far from the power button, I don't know what can cause this swelling. Is it a design issue or I should send it to repair or replace the laptop? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms