Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eslam21006
Paper Tape
Views: 496
Message 1 of 5

Legion Y540-17IRH Can't install Nvidia Drivers

Hi Guys,

I just got my Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH 2 days ago. Installed all the drivers that I found on Lenovo's support. But I couldn't install the GTX 1660 Ti driver. always telling me that it is not compatible with the version of windows (I have windows 10 home). This happened to me with Lenovo version of GPU driver, Nvidia's driver when manually downloaded, Nvidia's driver when it scanned my laptop and just gave me the supposedly right version for me! Always the same error.

I even tried to scan my laptop using Driver Easy and Driver Booster. found nothing.

I also installed the gaming vantage software and enabled the Hybrid Mode!

I have the same problem in the touchpad drivers. I am using a mouse because I can't find the right drivers for my touchpad.

I am starting to regret buying this laptop!

Any help would be highly appreciatedDevice Manager.png

Nvidia.PNG

Guru
Views: 491
Message 2 of 5

Re: Legion Y540-17IRH Can't install Nvidia Drivers

@eslam21006 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just got my Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH 2 days ago. Installed all the drivers that I found on Lenovo's support. But I couldn't install the GTX 1660 Ti driver. always telling me that it is not compatible with the version of windows (I have windows 10 home). This happened to me with Lenovo version of GPU driver, Nvidia's driver when manually downloaded, Nvidia's driver when it scanned my laptop and just gave me the supposedly right version for me! Always the same error.

I even tried to scan my laptop using Driver Easy and Driver Booster. found nothing.

I also installed the gaming vantage software and enabled the Hybrid Mode!

I have the same problem in the touchpad drivers. I am using a mouse because I can't find the right drivers for my touchpad.

I am starting to regret buying this laptop!

Any help would be highly appreciatedDevice Manager.png

Nvidia.PNG

In device manager uninstall Nvidia driver. Select 'check for new hardware' and let Windows install Nvidia driver. Now download and install Nvidia DCH driver : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Nvidia-436-30-Game-Ready-driver/td-p/4523590.

If your are not a gamer download and install Nvidia Studio Driver DCH : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Nvidia-Studio-Driver-431-86/td-p/4519136

Don't download hardware drivers from Lenovo and never let Windows update install drivers.. Download from the OEM : Intel, Nvidia, ....

eslam21006
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 3 of 5

As you can see in the attached photo, there is no Nvidia drive in the device manager to uninstall, to begin with.

I tried the DCH version too before and didn't succeed
eslam21006
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 4 of 5

DCH errorDCH.PNG

eslam21006
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 5 of 5

The problem got solved when I installed the latest version of windows 10 using their latest MediaCreationTool1903.
After that, nVidia DCH version got installed with no problems

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors