Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-04-2019

Portugal

4 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 6

Legion Y540-IRH Keyboard Not Working!

2020-06-02, 18:17 PM
Hello. A couple weeks ago I turned on my laptop and the keyboard wasn’t working. I went to the Lenovo Vantage app, checked for updates and I had the new BIOS to update, so I did. It solved the problem. The laptop was working fine until some days ago the problem appeared again. I checked for updates again in Lenovo Vantage and it showed the Y540 keyboard Firmware update - 10 [64] which I thought it would fix the problem since it’s related. I ran it but it displayed an error “can’t find the device” and I tried a couple more times - nothing. I went to this forum and I found someone saying to let the battery ran out and boot up the pc again. I did and it indeed worked. But some hours later it happened again and I did the same thing. It’s been happening ever since and every time I let the battery run out until I find a permanent solution. Can anyone help?
Options

3 Posts

09-05-2020

Russian Federation

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 6

Legion Y540-IRH Keyboard Not Working!

2021-06-10, 4:34 AM
Same problem! Waiting for solution...
Options

50 Posts

06-10-2021

Australia

65 Signins

690 Page Views

• Views: 690
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Legion Y540-IRH Keyboard Not Working!

2021-06-10, 20:39 PM

Same here. Been looking for a solution everywhere. Cannot find anything anywhere. Draining the battery or forced restart is NOT a solution. A temporary workaround is not a solution. Almost all reports say this happened after software or firmware updates. That makes me believe this certainly is not a hardware defect since the keyboard does work after a forced restart. This is truly annoying.  On a dual boot system with GRUB bootloader it is impossible to get the keyboard working since the keyboard goes dead right after making the OS selection on GRUB menu. Forced shutdown just works on Windows-only systems and this too doesn't survive a reboot. The first report about this seems to have been made over an year ago and yet there is no solution or a confirmation of this issue from Lenovo yet. Lenovo really made a mess this time. The days of IBM glory are certainly gone if it continues like this. Based on IBM's reputation, this was my first Lenovo purchase. Clean this mess Lenovo or this is going to be my last Lenovo purchase ever.

Options

50 Posts

06-10-2021

Australia

65 Signins

690 Page Views

• Views: 690
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-06-12, 6:17 AM

Before we are advised to drain our laptop batteries again as a "SOLUTION", can any support staff here get in touch with firmware developers/vendors and arrange the last version 43 for us to see if it restores the keyboard back to normal? The keyboard was working fine for as long as it was on version 43. Problems have started for all of us only after we upgraded the firmware to version 44. Please arrange version 43 since there is no other way or place where we can find the previous firmware.

Options

8 Posts

06-14-2021

Germany

8 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-06-15, 12:19 PM

I had the same problem. Keyboard stopped working for no reason except the buttons for changing keyboard and display light. I sent it in for repair during warranty and they built in a completely new keyboard including the plastic cover around it. Dont know about the touchpad. I thought at first it was a software problem. Either they couldnt solve the software problem or it was indeed a hardware problem so they had to replace it.

Options

8 Posts

06-14-2021

Germany

8 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-06-15, 12:22 PM
Also they reset my pc, so I actually can't tell if it is a software or hardware issue.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms