Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-22-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Legion Y540 charger pin damaged

2021-05-04, 9:07 AM

Hi all,

Below is a random photo of the legion y540 charger head, mine has lost some of it's head yellow substance, and recently it stopped charging, the maintenance expert told me this caused a short circuit and that J need to replace the charger, is this the only solution ? Can't I replace the damaged part only ? 

6af8fe49428145815bf7acc48cd306e3.jpeg
Answer
Options

2282 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

249 Signins

11666 Page Views

• Views: 11666

Re:Legion Y540 charger pin damaged

2021-05-04, 10:19 AM

@ JosephHadder wrote:

Hi all,

Below is a random photo of the legion y540 charger head, mine has lost some of it' head yellow substance, and recently it stopped charging, the maintenance expert told me this caused a short circuit and that J need to replace the charger, is this the only solution ? Can' I replace the damaged part only ? 

If it caused a short circuit then replacing the part that caused the short circuit will not fix the short circuit in itself, as it affected the entire charger. So changing the charger would be the only possible solution.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

2282 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

249 Signins

11666 Page Views

• Views: 11666
  • Message 2 of 3

2021-05-04, 10:19 AM

@ JosephHadder wrote:

Hi all,

Below is a random photo of the legion y540 charger head, mine has lost some of it' head yellow substance, and recently it stopped charging, the maintenance expert told me this caused a short circuit and that J need to replace the charger, is this the only solution ? Can' I replace the damaged part only ? 

If it caused a short circuit then replacing the part that caused the short circuit will not fix the short circuit in itself, as it affected the entire charger. So changing the charger would be the only possible solution.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

04-22-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

2021-05-04, 11:36 AM

Thank you. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms