Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JovintoJain
What's DOS?
Views: 150
Message 1 of 2

Legion Y540 sound clipping issue

I just got my Legion Y540 in the mail today and everything’s been smooth on it except for the sound I get from the speakers and while using headphones.

Whenever I play audio or music through my headphones or through a pair of studio monitors I have, I get this really nasty clipping issue. The audio crackles and sounds like it’s popping every few seconds. Anyone experience this before?

I’m not sure how I can fix this. I looked online and people were talking about some solutions but tried them to no avail. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers, I’ve tried messing around with the power plan settings for the cpu. Nothing worked

I bought the Y540 to upgrade from an old Acer laptop I’ve been using for music production. Unfortunately I can’t produce with this clipping issue. I’m hoping someone on here can help me out. I’d greatly appreciate it

Zhydek
What's DOS?
Views: 34
Message 2 of 2

Re: Legion Y540 sound clipping issue

Try unnistalling the Realtek(R) Audio driver from Device Manager. Then restart the computer, it will restore the driver to the factory defaults.

Seems to be some software related issue from the latest audio driver update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors