Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-01-2019

Canada

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 3

Legion Y545 wifi Problems HELP!

2019-10-01, 18:55 PM

Hello! First time here and I wanted to share my experience and if some would have solutions for me. I received my new Legion Y545 last week and soon I started having wifi problems. The latter just can’t connect to wifi networks. On the other hand, it see them and can connect to them for only a few seconds after a reset of the wifi card. All the drivers are up to date for the Intel 9560 card. After a call to Lenovo, I was told that they are aware that the drivers are not good for the Legion Y545 and that I had to download and install the drivers of the Thinkpad E480 instead. After several tries, nothing works and they decide to send me a new machine, even if the problem concerns the software. In the meantime, I finally managed to run the Thinkpad E480's 21.0.0.5 driver, but I still have disconnections / reconnection once or twice an hour (better, but still horrible).

Really discouraged, after 10 on Mac, I gave myself a chance to return to PC and it goes bad. Do you have any advice, similar problems? Should I have faith in Lenovo and wait for an update of the wifi driver? HELP!

Link they gave me for the Thinkpad drivers: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/fr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e480-type-20kn-20kq?linkTrack=Homepage%3ABody_Search%20Products&searchType=3&keyWordSearch=E480%20(Type%2020KN%2C%2020KQ)%20Laptop%20(ThinkPad)

Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Legion Y545 wifi Problems HELP!

2019-11-04, 14:55 PM

Hi SamBD! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

You can check out this article https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502846?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and try following the steps provided about the Wi-Fi issue on the laptop. In addition, please try connecting the laptop to a different wireless network and compare the result as this could be an issue with the current wireless settings that you have like MAC filtering. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

17 Posts

10-17-2019

Canada

18 Signins

231 Page Views

• Views: 231
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Legion Y545 wifi Problems HELP!

2019-11-24, 22:05 PM

Your lucky there, first lenovo legion i got out of the box, the wifi was causing bsod's like its all the laptop could do. so lenovo sent me a replacement, no issues anymore and the wifi is solid. i thinks intel derped some with the wifi cards they gave to lenovo to be honest. it seems to be a common issue. doesnt make me lose my faith in the lenovo product, just makes me sad panda about intels quality team lol the lenovo hardware is actually amazing. like on a scale of 10 id totally give this mid range laptop easily a 10. dont let the wifi portion discourage you. use the lenovo hardware diagnostics tool through the lenovo vantage app run a thourough test. they might just need to send you a wifi replacement card overall. could be hardware thing :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms