Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesbu
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 3

Legion Y7000 - Problems with Start Menu and Bloatware

I recently purchased a Y7000 Legion laptop. It's been a great machine so far. However, there are two problems with Windows that I can't figure out how to fix:

1. The pinned tiles in the Start Menu keep getting automatically reset to ones that I do not use and do not want to see. I have unpinned many of the tiles twice now, and both times they have been reset to default programs that I will probably never use.
  2. For the first two weeks, apps such as "Candy Crush Saga" showed up in my Start Menu. I couldn't uninstall them. Neither could the Windows support representative who tried to help me with the problem. I will never use them, and want to be able to remove them.

How can I fix both of these problems? The Windows representative I talked with said that the undesired programs were probably caused by Lenovo's software. I would really appreciate being able to have full control over my Start Menu and the programs installed on my computer.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 191
Message 2 of 3

Re: Legion Y7000 - Problems with Start Menu and Bloatware

@jamesbu wrote:

The Windows representative I talked with said that the undesired programs were probably caused by Lenovo's software.

If your laptop arrived with Windows 10 pre-installed, you have a Windows 10 license code embedded in the BIOS.  This means that you are perfectly entitled to download a Windows 10 install image from Microsoft and install it on your system (replacing the Lenovo version of Windows 10).  The Microsoft version of Windows 10 will activate automatically the first time that you connect to the internet.

Note: although the Microsoft version of Windows 10 will be free from Lenovo bloatware, it will still contain Microsoft bloatware (e.g. a trial copy of Microsoft "Word").

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

alex5723
Broadband 3G
Views: 188
Message 3 of 3

Re: Legion Y7000 - Problems with Start Menu and Bloatware

Uninstall the store applications and block Microsoft's store updates.

You can uninstall using uninstall apps like portable GeekUninstaller (view-Microsoft Store apps)..

I use 10AppsManager for Windows 10 : https://www.thewindowsclub.com/10appsmanager-windows-10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors