06-26-2019 08:10 AM
I have noticed my Legion Y700P will lock-up, or freeze after disconnecting and HDMI cable from the back of the laptop. The laptop displays whatever is currently on the screen, but I cannot use the trackpad, or keyboard. I have to force shutdown the laptop, then, turn it back on to use it.
This has happened several times when using two different HDMI cables, and two different TV's that I used as an extended display. I've checked and have all current drivers from Lenovo, NVIDIA, and BIOS firmware. I'm running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and have the 1903 update, but I've had this issue since before upgrading to Pro and the 1903 update.
I've searched online and in the Lenovo forum, but I'm at a lose on how to resolve the issue myself. Looking for suggestions for a resolution.
07-11-2019 08:31 AM
Hi derekmckee! Welcome to our forums community. Try booting to BIOS and check if the issue persist. If yes, the issue is more likely a hardware failure. The instruction is here: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500216. If the issue is not present, try clean boot. The instruction is here:
1. Sign in to the computer as an administrator. For more info, see Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
2. Click Start, and type msconfig.
3. Select System Configuration from the search results.
4. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
5. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
6. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
7. Close Task Manager.
8. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Once the computer restarts in a clean boot environment, you can follow troubleshooting steps to install, uninstall, or run your application. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.