Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shtrabysh
Token Ring
Views: 760
Message 1 of 4

Legion Y720-15IKB Intel dynamic platform and thermal framework

Hi,

How can I get access to: "intel dynamic platform and thermal framework" settings in the power supply? Does someone have such settings?The fact is that when the CPU and GPU are loaded, the CPU frequency drops from 3.2Hz to 2.4, if the stress test is done only on the CPU, then the processor frequency does not drop. Probably this behavior of the processor is due to the "TDP" settings that can be found in the "intel dynamic platform and thermal framework"

загруженное.png

Laptop Lenovo Legion Y720 -15IKB (Intel core i5-7300HQ), Windows 10 1803 x64, BIOS 4GCN38WW.

All drivers are installed from:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y720-15ikb/dow...

Guru
Views: 704
Message 2 of 4

Re: Legion Y720-15IKB Intel dynamic platform and thermal framework

Hi,
You should be able to find those settings in "advanced power settings" of the power plan you're using.
Go control panel->power settings->change plan settings->change advanced power settings.
If it's not here, you still should be able to control the range your CPU boosts by changing the "maximum" and "minimum processor state". i.e. minimum governs how low it will clock when idle and maximum how high can it go when boosting. Bear in mind that the latter will still might be affected by throttling.
====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Shtrabysh
Token Ring
Views: 688
Message 3 of 4

I haven't "intel dynamic platform and thermal framework" in the settings
"Control panel-> power settings-> change plan settings-> change advanced power settings".
Do you have a Lenovo Legion Y720 laptop?

Shtrabysh
Token Ring
Views: 642
Message 4 of 4

On the Legion Y720 there are TDP settings (intel dynamic platform and thermal framework) or not?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors