Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fermoz
Punch Card
Views: 2,566
Message 1 of 4

Legion Y720 - Uninstall Dolby Atmos software

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Legion y720 laptop. On startup I can see that I have have one program called Dolby Atmos. It's also present in the lower right of the screen. Can I saftely uninstall that program or does it contain any form of drivers? I don't want it to slow down my computer and I really don't care about any more sound tuning apps like equalizers and stuff. Windows sound settings is fine for me.

Thanks! 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

IgorGorka
Token Ring
Views: 2,541
Message 2 of 4

Re: Legion Y720 - Uninstall Dolby Atmos software

Hello fermoz!

Check in Task Manager if it has any major impact on CPU (doubt it has) but check it to be sure. If it doesn't, then you don't need to uninstall the software. It's a small app thinking about your laptop (I7-7700HQ/ I5-7300HQ). So it doesn't affect your performance in any games.

Cheers!
Wanna talk about an issue? Message me and we will see if we can solve it in some fast way without damaging anything!

Troubleshoting a problem is better than living with it. Nothing cannot be solved unless it's destroyed with a hammer or flamethrower. XD
fermoz
Punch Card
Views: 2,528
Message 3 of 4

Ok, thanks for you answer!

Guru
Views: 2,495
Message 4 of 4

First, that app has minimal impact on CPU/performance. (No need to uninstall)

Second, why would you want to uninstall an app that was specifically designed to give a superior audio experience on this laptop. Dolby Atmos is probably the best equalizer around combined with the actual hardware.

(There is also Equalizer APO which is free and highly customizable)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors