Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Filipeluk
Token Ring
Views: 1,569
Message 11 of 28

Re: Legion Y720 randomly boots onto LCFC Debug Page

I'm Updating this post.

As of today, 2nd december of 2018, I haven't noticed any of these LCFC Debug screens anymore. I've also recently bougth a Lenovo Y520 (Appart from my main Laptop Y720) as a second computer for work, and haven't received any of these pages on that computer.

I can't really tell what is or was the problem, since I haven't received any of those anymore. My suggestion is that It had something to do with the recovery button, usually located on the sides of the Lenovo's Laptops. (The OneKey Recovery Button).

If anyone finds a solution for other people, please postm it here.

Duff3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,444
Message 12 of 28

Just adding to the chorus: I have recently (1/7/2019) started having the same problem with an Ideapad 110-15ACL. Two possible recent events that may have contributed: (1) after a recent Windows update, my computer sometimes hangs on startup, and, more proximately, as of yesterday (the same day the problem started), (2) my DVD drive has been having trouble closing, so maybe there's some kind of problem with the connection. Just reporting this FYI because I totally don't have confidence in my ability to fix!!

jenepasdecare
What's DOS?
Views: 1,286
Message 13 of 28

Just weighing in; colleague had the same issue. For anyone coming here through Google, here is the full message:

LCFC Debug Page Information

Platform Type: UMA

Post Code: 07h 5Fh 54h F3h E3h 50h 37h 50h

Wake Source: 08h (WAKE_BY_PME_S3)

Shutdwon ID: 01h (S8 SLP_S5)

And yes, it says Shutdwon instead of Shutdown.

Laptop didn't had any repairs, first time this happend.

jxnatc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,202
Message 14 of 28

I have a Y520 and it started recently.  I have not had any repairs done.  However, I had to replace the cord that goes from the wall outlet to the power brick.  I don't recall seeing the error prior to that. 

Filipeluk
Token Ring
Views: 1,195
Message 15 of 28

So it seems that this post is getting more and more attention because more people are reporting this problem.

As I said on an update I did about 4-5 months ago, I did not had this problem again on my Laptops (Y720 and Y520), although more people are saying in here that they still have problem. Is there any way of bringing this topic to the top, or at least has someone who previously posted in here found any solution to this?

In my case, the problem just disapeared with time. It didn't show up again, nor do I think it will again. Now, what it caused I don't know.

Note: I sold my Y720 to a friend of mine, but as of today, he has not reported any problem with the Laptop whatsoever.

BTaylorr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,176
Message 16 of 28

Hi all, today I saw this pop up at start up as well. I've had my Y520 less than a year, and haven't had any repairs at all, nor have I sent it for the CPU issue I see that has occured on everyone else's laptop. Most of my apps are installed in the VM's, and so I'm not sure what else could have caused this to pop up?

Filipeluk
Token Ring
Views: 792
Message 17 of 28

Hi. Sorry for the late response.

I still don't know what could cause or is causing this issue on these Lenovo Laptops. I think that the problem itself is related to the BIOS, because I've never seen this on any other computer, especially a desktop computer, and desktops computers usually have a very diferent BIOS, in terms of design and settings. Since this page looks alike the BIOS configuration page, I can only think that they're related.

So all I can assume is that this is some sort of page that reports an unknown error that occurred during the boot up of the Laptop. If this keeps happening to anyone, please try to contact your store and send it to waranty.

Maggie1111
What's DOS?
Views: 626
Message 18 of 28

It's 3 July 2019. Lenovo ideapad 330. Same problem. I've owned this device for about 4 months.

FinSam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 590
Message 19 of 28

It's 8 July 2019 and same problem occured when started my laptop. And it didn't happen again when I reboot my laptop again afterwards. Some specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 330 15IKB

bios: 8TCN52WW

system model: 81DE

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620.

That is all I found from dxdiag and I wrote these specs down here for the very reason that if there is a possibility that this occurs only with certain processor or bios etc.

No repairs, haven't drop my laptop or smash it anyway. I cleaned my laptop couple of days ago with compressed air and vacuum cleaner, but it has been starting up normally after that. Until this morning of course.

Don't really know a thing about computers. But I think that it can't be just a coincidence that this first was (or still are?) problem with Y500 and Y700 laptops and now this seems to occur with Ideapad laptops? Like first not a single Ideapad 330 model was reported in here and now two 330 models inside a week... so seems to me like when it occurs it occurs with certain models at a time.

My infromation page looked like this:

"LCFC Debug Page Information

Platform Type : UMA

Post Code : 07h 00h 0Fh 40h 7Fh 47h 7Fh FEh

Wake Source : 05h (WAKE_BY_POWER_BIN_S3)"

Hope that people will post here if this problem occurs with them.. Or if somebody has a solution then that would be great too.

UPDATE: I had a chat with the techinal support and they gave me two Lenovo Driver Setup files and Bios update file. I installed those and shut down my laptop. Later I came back and start up my laptop and LCFC Debug Page Information came again. This time with different codes:

"Post Code : 07h 28h 2Eh 05h 25h 30h FBh A7h

Wake Source : 03h (WAKE_BY_POWER_BIN_S4S5"
Next thing what they adviced me to do is to reset to factory settings. And if that won't help, they said I have to send my laptop for repair. I also scanned the device with Lenovo Vantage and it didn't found any problems.

FinSam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 509
Message 20 of 28

There were a couple of days without this LCFC Debug Page but this morning it showed up again. And I made a little mistake in my previous post: It's not WAKE_BY_POWER_BIN_xxxx it's WAKE_BY_POWER_BTN. And this Post Code keeps changing every time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors