Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MusicalMedic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 21 of 28

Re: Legion Y720 randomly boots onto LCFC Debug Page

I have a Ideapad L340, fresh out of the box, a month ago.  I have had no repairs, have nothing connected and simply use it for online use.  Yet I get the same Debug box, almost every day, starting 3 days ago.   So, this was probably had a defective BIOS out of the box?

Filipeluk
Token Ring
Views: 1,041
Message 22 of 28

Once again, I'm Updating this post.

With over 10,000 Views on this post, it seems this problem is larger than I thought, and there is no real solution here (by what I understood). For me, this page just doesn't show up anymore in any of my Laptops (previously only on the Y720, but none of this in the Y520).

This causes (apparently) no harm to your Laptop, it's just as it says, a debug page that states a certain problem with the normal start up of your Laptop.

From Wiki: "Debugging is the process of finding and resolving defects or problems within a computer program that prevent correct operation of computer software or a system."

For all of you still having this problem, I recommend updating everything on your Laptop, from Graphics to BIOS. If nothing is solved within a week / month after you updated everything, contact the place where you bought it and send them the Laptop to see if they can get it away, because I have no observable answer to prevent this page from showing up on your Laptop.

Ericos
What's DOS?
Views: 989
Message 23 of 28

Hi guys, this day i had the same problem as you were, it was look;

the first three lines it seems the same as you had before in your computers, but the line 4 show this

wake source :05h (WAKE_BY_POWER_BIN_S3).}

I read your comments and i hope this problem have a solution.

At least for me, i just resert my laptop and y push the bottom again and it satarted normally, but i dont know it will happen again.

Sorry for my english it´s not my matern lenguage.

jenepasdecare
What's DOS?
Views: 981
Message 24 of 28

I don't know if it's related but... After a while the laptop wouldn't charge anymore so it was send back for repair; motherboard replaced.

Since then no blue screen anymore.

FinSam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 955
Message 25 of 28

@MusicalMedic wrote:

I have a Ideapad L340, fresh out of the box, a month ago.  I have had no repairs, have nothing connected and simply use it for online use.  Yet I get the same Debug box, almost every day, starting 3 days ago.   So, this was probably had a defective BIOS out of the box?

I was thinking the same thing when I started to read your post because it makes sense that your laptop has already that certain bios version as a new because that was the current version of bios when you got your new laptop. Time will tell. And I think that if you have a brand new laptop out of the box it means quite likely that there is (propably) not anything broken inside which suggest that the problem is in that version of bios. Of course everything is possible but you get my point.

MusicalMedic
Paper Tape
Views: 940
Message 26 of 28

Okay folks, so far, this has worked for me.  

Go to:  [redacted)

Sign in or Register

Go to Drivers and Software

Go to Automatic Driver Update

It will download a file, to automatically update  OR 

Go to Select Driver Update

Scroll down and click on Bios - this file was updated on July 19, 2019

Download the file and install it.  When your system restarts, it will install the new bios. 

I haven't had trouble in more than a week.

Admin note: link for different system which also included serial number removed to prevent potential abuse.

FinSam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 743
Message 27 of 28

Hello everyone. Thank you all for reporting your problems and solutions.

Long story short: I'am very sure that the problem with my Ideapad 330 was that old Bios. Old Bios version that was installed when the problem occured was: 8tcn52ww. At that time that version was the latest version. And after I installed new bios version that was released in July the problem haven't been around since then. New and current bios version is: 8tcn53ww.

Just a side note, but I noticed that when the bios was updating there was some mentions about LCFC.

I had e-mail conversations about this problem with Lenovos tech support back then when the problem was occuring. Tech support answered me just a couple of minutes after the newest Bios update and they told me that the problem is either in defective bios, motherboard or power supply.

I don't know if this has something to do with the solution, but this is what Lenovos tech support adviced me to do after Bios was updated: Go to BIOS setup and choose "load setup/optimized defaults". So I didn't have that exact text in my Bios, but what I did was I went in to Bios and checked out that there was option "OS Optimized Defaults [Enabled]" and then I chose "Load Default Settings".

Haven't seen LCFC Debug Page since the latest Bios update. I'm sure that was the problem with my laptop.

So my advice is to check that you have the latest Bios version. Also, write down the date when the problem occured and check out if that problem keeps occuring over one bios version to another. Also check out when the current version has been released. For example if your current Bios version has been released a week ago and you just started to have these LCFC problems inside a week then the problem might be that Bios. If the problem keeps appearing with different Bios versions, then there might be a problem with the motherboard or with the power supply.

Hyperfish
802.11n
Views: 725
Message 28 of 28

[...] just started to have these LCFC problems

Just a heads-up: "LCFC," or "Lenovo-Compal Future Center" (also called "Hefei Lianbao" from the transliterated Chinese name) is the company that assembles the majority of laptops sold under the Lenovo brand. It's a joint venture with Compal, one of the largest ODM/OEM laptop makers. Or, more precisely, it was, because as far as I know Compal cashed out last year and now the operation is 100% Lenovo-controlled (through subsidiaries).

https://www.lcfuturecenter.com/

Anyway, good to hear the problem is solved. I'd guess restoring the default settings alone should do the trick, without the need to flash BIOS. "Load optimized defaults" is for UEFI boot, so with any recent operating system you want to have it enabled, only Windows 7 might be a bit tricky to get to boot in UEFI mode. In any case, the difference is only with the boot settings, all the other defaults should be the same.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors