Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
arielmachini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,520
Message 1 of 6

Legion Y720 thermal paste change

Is it possible to change my Legion Y720's thermal paste of both the processor and the GPU? If that's the case, how often should I change it?

AM_Y520
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,507
Message 2 of 6

Re: Legion Y720 thermal paste change

the question is WHY ? how did you know that it should be changed ? how old is your laptop ?
did you watch some youtube videos that convinced you that changing the thermal paste will make it faster and produce less heat ?
I recommend to keep it as it is unless it's very old laptop like 4-5 years which is not in you case
arielmachini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,483
Message 3 of 6

Because of maintenance. I know it has to be changed from time to time because the thermal paste dries and this leads to more heat production. Changing the thermal paste can lower the temperatures on the notebook's components (CPU and GPU).

My notebook is less than 1 year old, but I didn't made this question because I wanted to change it now.

Thanks for your reply!

AM_Y520
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,470
Message 4 of 6

ok now makes sense .. and sorry if my reply looked sarcastic ..

I think cleaning the fan and air intake/exhaust regularly is better for a laptop because DUST is what causes high temperatures and damage the processor more than anything else .. if it was a Desktop then go ahead, it's easy .. but for a laptop ? don't do it unless you are very experienced in disassembling
/assembling and putting everything in its location perfectly .. good luck
marawanBG
Token Ring
Views: 1,363
Message 5 of 6

Changing the original thermal paste to something,thats' alot more premium is gonna give you alot lower temps. I recommend Arctic's MX-4 or Thermal Grizzly's Kryonaut,both great pastes and most importantly non-conductive,so you won't have to worry about risking your device. Altho if you're new to PC maintenance and cooling,I recommend spending a few hours on learning how to do it the proper way. @LinusTech is a good place to start

arielmachini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,312
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for your replies guys! Greetings. :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors