Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmfrank
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 1 of 3

Legion Y740 15" freezing first few minutes into WoW classic

Hi, so hours ago I received the laptop and decided I'd download chrome, discord, steam and blizzard launcher. Eager to test out WoW,  I jumped on and within 5 minutes it froze completely but I could still hear the music. Ctrl+alt+delete was not working, everything froze except sound. Forced shut down, jumped on and tried again..this time i alt-tabbed a second or two in and it froze. Again i tried, and it froze on the log-in screen. After this I downloaded nzxt cam to monitor the temps and everything was good. Next I tried CS:go and had no freezing issues but the fps was very low. Worth noting, i did download all the latest drivers for nvidia. Anybody have any clue what the issue could be, right from the get-go? Currently at a loss D: any help would be greatly appreciated

specs;

●  Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
●  Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
●  Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, 500 nits, Dolby Vision HDR400
●  Memory: 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
●  Hard Drive: 1TB Solid State Drive, M.2, PCIe-NVMe

●  Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2060 6 GB

Knocker
Token Ring
Views: 139
Message 2 of 3

Re: Legion Y740 15" freezing first few minutes into WoW classic

Can you check which GPU is being used in CSGO?

Try going into the nVidia control panel, desktop, and enable "Display GPU activity icon in notification area". Then check wheter CSGO/WoW are using your dGPU.

rmfrank
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 3 of 3

Re: Legion Y740 15" freezing first few minutes into WoW classic

Thank you for the reply, I actually did a full windows reinstallation last night and somehow it fixed everything. I guess it was botched when I did it initially. Thanks for the advice though, if it starts getting screwy again I’ll definitely keep this in mind. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors