Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Htetnaing
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,362
Message 1 of 7

Legion y520kbn bios update to 4KCN43WW black screen after signing in please help..

Good day

After upating my bios to the latet version after signing in or during sign in my screen just goes black with a small whilte line at the bottom of the screen. Ive confirmed its not a visual problem as i was able to open a music app before the screen shuted down.

Currently i can acess the safe mode via advance settngs but i cannot revert the bios to a lower version or even attempt to degrade bios using a usb as my usb does not appear in the bios as well as when choosing boot with usb in the advance settings all it shows no devices or usbs were found  and it takes me back to the choose hardisk to boot // windows booting manager and one other option which i forgot .

is been like this over 2 days now and im at my wits ends stressed kindly please advice me on how to furthur proceed

supiya96
Paper Tape
Views: 3,333
Message 2 of 7

Re: Legion y520kbn bios update to 4KCN43WW black screen after signing in please help..

I have the same issue. If you found any fix, kindly post it here
supiya96
Paper Tape
Views: 3,322
Message 3 of 7

Re: Legion y520kbn bios update to 4KCN43WW black screen after signing in please help..

Can you ask help from lenovo support assistant? I am out of the US. I can't get support from here.

Htetnaing
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,318
Message 4 of 7

I'm also currently away from the us really hard to get in contact with any one from support

supiya96
Paper Tape
Views: 3,304
Message 5 of 7

Go to bios setting and press f9 for select default setup and then press f10 to save and exit. It worked for me
supiya96
Paper Tape
Views: 3,313
Message 6 of 7

Go to bios setting and press f9 for select default setup and then press f10 to save and exit. It worked for me

Htetnaing
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,274
Message 7 of 7

It worked oh my god thank you so much man , what i attempt to fix for 2 days u did in seconds i thank you so much.

For anyone in the future facing the same problem i will explain how this fixed my black screen. First it stablazed my screen during login

and dont worry if boot up becomes slower for a while way better than a black screen. After signing i waited for 2 mins  expecting a black screen but it dint show up so there you have it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors