Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barna22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,483
Message 1 of 5

Legion y530 audio driver issues

Heyo!

So just got my Y530, and it's a great laptop, but there is an audio driver issue. When I start playing media, there is a 3 second delay between starting a video playback for example and the actual sound starting to play. The audio itself is not delayed, it's simply muted for 3 seconds. Now from what I understand, this is an issue with the Realtek driver, there is some sort of sleep function that kicks in after 10 seconds (that's what I found the default value to be on the HP forums), and it needs a few seconds to wake up again. I haven't even found a temporary solution, tried reinstalling drivers of course, and all the usual things, but nothing worked.

Here is a link to the HP forums where they talk about the same issue, but I haven't managed to make their solution work:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/3-seconds-delay-to-play-sounds-through-headphone/td-p/6...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, or if Lenovo took the time to fix this, have a great day!

HNPG
Punch Card
Views: 1,348
Message 2 of 5

Re: Legion y530 audio driver issues

What is your RealTek audio Driver version?

Barna22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,250
Message 3 of 5

I think there was one update since I got this laptop, and I tried everything, but nothing seemed to fix the problem.
HNPG
Punch Card
Views: 1,152
Message 4 of 5
Barna22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,143
Message 5 of 5

Yup, that seems to have worked. It was released recently, I guess I didn't update in a while. Thank you for pointing it out, it's great that this is finally getting fixed!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors