06-30-2020

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Legion y740 super low fps

2020-06-30, 2:28 AM

i don't know where to start.  i just got this thing and i'm trying to play warzone... i can't get above 20 fps.  I cant play at 20 fps.  it's a brand new laptop.  i updated the drivers and everything.  I've optimized settings per the geforce app.  i've selected the general consensus on what the best settings are for this game.  

i'm lucky to get 40fps sitting in a lobby. whenever i move or engage someone, i'm at or below 20.  this sucks.  hardwired internet at 100+ connection.  

help?

Options

215 Posts

03-11-2020

US

28 Signins

1490 Page Views

• Views: 1490
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Legion y740 super low fps

2020-06-30, 8:15 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

The Windows 10 power options we will tweak are not located in the standard Settings configuration screen. It is buried in the Control Panel. If you do not have your control panel pinned to your Windows 10 taskbar, type "control panel" into the Cortana search box on the Desktop and click the result that shows the appropriate desktop app. You should see a screen similar to Figure A.

aoptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure A

Click the System and Security section title and then click the Power Options section on the next screen to get to the correct control panel, shown in Figure B.

boptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure B

Depending on your computer, you may see several preset plan settings (balanced, power saving, performance, etc.). For the notebook computer in our example, there is only a balanced setting. Click the appropriate active Change plan settings link to reveal the current settings (Figure C).

coptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure C

Change the Put computer to sleep setting under plugged in to the Never position. If there is a battery position, like our example notebook, it is best to keep it at a relatively short time interval to save battery power.

Click the Change advanced power settings link to get to the configuration screen shown in Figure D.

doptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure D

Click the plus button to expand USB settings and then click the plus button to expand USB selective suspend settings. Change the settings for plugged in to read "disabled," as shown in Figure E.

eoptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure E

Next, expand the Processor power management settings and then expand the Minimum processor state. Change the plugged-in setting to read 100%, as shown in Figure F.

foptimizepowersettingsperformance.png

Figure F

When complete, click Apply, OK, and then Save Changes to have your new power settings take effect.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete