04-07-2020

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenova Vantage can't access the camera

2020-04-10, 5:58 AM

Ideapad Y700-15ISK, the camera doesn't work, spent 3 days troubleshooting it.  Latest research led to checking the Lenovo privacy mode, which from what I've read, gets turned on by default and by itself.  I can't turn it off - the function is disabled in "Display & Camera".  On the home screen Quick Settings it says Lenovo Vantage doesn't have access to Camera.  Checked the Windows settings and it indeed does have access.

This is preventing use of the camera that my wife needs to conduct remote teaching.  How do I get Vantage to access the camera (when Windows settings provide it) so I can turn off the privacy mode?  There's no hardware switch nor any function key for the camera.  Per a webcam test on the web, the camera does work, just not with any application on the laptop due to this privacy mode.

Options

182 Posts

09-27-2019

CN

226 Signins

3566 Page Views

• Views: 3566
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenova Vantage can't access the camera

2020-04-14, 7:26 AM

hi, Yoda82

You could try to do following steps, and see if it works

1. uninstall Lenovo vantage service & Lenovo vantage from Apps & features of windows settings,

2.Open "Device Manager" --> Find [COMPUTER NAME] --> "System devices" --> "System Interface Foundation V2 Device" --> right click, select the popup menu item "Uninstall Device", make sure the "Delete the driver software for this device." 

3.reinstall Lenovo vantage from windows store

4.launch Lenovo vantage, the vantage service will be installed automatically

5.after vantage service install successfully, costumer can check the camera privacy function again

see if it works

Options

1 Posts

04-17-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenova Vantage can't access the camera

2020-04-17, 7:16 AM
Oh, I was having the same problem, and that solved it for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Lenovo vantage app cleared that up all the way. Seems like it glitched out with having the app both not have permission and have permission at the same time after I got a windows update. Works smoothly now!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save