05-06-2017 02:51 AM
Hello. Once, please understand my poor English.
I installed Lenovo Nerve Sense manually to my Y520(free dos) laptop. [I7 / 8g / 1050ti / 256g;nvme + 1TB HDD]
The others fuctions such as extreme cooling or sound enhancement are working very well.
However I cannot use record function due to below errors.
1. When I click record key or ctrl+shift+9, recording is started with recording mark but around a minute after it shows error message that is 'out of memory while trying to allocate blah blah'. Also I cannot find recorded movie ! I mean recording is not worked.
2. Second problem is I cannot change directory where video is saved. If I changed folder, it is not changed. BUT! when I restart nerve sense it is changed. I mean, 1. changing folder-no response 2. restart serve sense - folder is changed.
Consequently I think I have some software problems. For fixing this TERRIBLE problem, I have tried to
1. reinstalling all drivers downloded from lenovo website.
2. reinstalling Lenovo nerve sense very clearly (also I tried gaming zone v2)
3. changing vaccine program (avast->V3) and alsp tried deleting vaccine.
4. all things I can try have done !!!!!!! But I cannot find the solution.
If there is specialist of this problem please....please help me!! I have two Y520, but another one is working well T^T.
05-06-2017 08:02 AM - edited 05-06-2017 08:06 AM
Gaming zone 2(Nerve Sense version 2) is the product for your laptop.
Did you use the self update button to go to Version 220.127.116.11?
Your issue appears to be isolated to Nerve Sense V2, not avast..not drivers..
The video capture is in .mp4 format and stored in C\Users. My videos??
The request for 1 MB of memory failure is strange.
05-06-2017 09:38 AM
Surely I updated to the lastest version 18.104.22.168. Also I've searched my video folder but mp4 is not in there.
The point is changing folder where video is saved in setting menu is impossible. Of course 1MB error is more critical....
Thanks for your comment!
07-31-2017 08:03 AM
I just bought the Legion Y520, it's a great laptop, however I’m really not happy with this major error I'm facing.
I got a pop up message saying: error, out of memory while trying to allocate…etc. I think the error is related to the recording feature from Lenovo Nerve Sense. I have the nerve sense updated and everything, but the problem reoccurred now as I'm writing this. Here are some pictures that shows what is happening :
I'm thinking to return this to the store as I have 2 weeks trial period in which I can return my purchase for any reason. I don't expect to get such an error in a brand new high end laptop, but I'm thinking this is a small problem that can be fixed, but I don't want to happen again,
I'll appreciate any input or help...
07-31-2017 09:31 AM
This is probably a Nerve sense error, you are correct.
Have you tried using the Geforce Experience Application?
It has a great feature to record games in HD.
07-31-2017 12:16 PM
You can try uninstalling and installing the software again. Use it without changing any option and see if the error comes up.
If it does, then you can either use another software to record (which is way better than NS) or return the laptop.
Honestly, when there are so many already established recording softwares available, why would you want to use something new. This recording software does not work for me as well on Y720. I use Geforce experience, which has no system performance impact and is perfect for HD recording.