Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Views: 265
  • Message 1 of 10

Lenovo 5i is draining battery when the notebook is turned off and disconnected from the power.

2021-02-15, 23:19 PM

When updating the BIOS to the EFCN46WW version, the notebook started draining the battery while being disconnected and disconnected from the power, in 24 hours discharging 40% to 60% of battery and in 48 hours reaching 20% or zeroing the battery.

The always-on USB function has been switched off.

It was observed that the CHARGE IN BATTERY MODE option disappeared from the bios after the update to the EFCN46WW bios. Circled in red!

This option of the bios that disappeared after the update corresponds to this function in LENOVO VANTAGE. Circled in red!

After downgrading the bios version to the EFCN45WW version, the CHARGE IN BATTERY MODE option reappeared in the bios and the battery drain when the device was turned off and removed from the outlet was resolved, in 24 hours it consumed only 1% of battery.

It is clear that there is a serious programming failure in the EFCN46WW bios version.

EFCN45WW bios version links:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/efcn45ww.txt

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/efcn45ww.exe

Link to the same post in the Portuguese community:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Notebooks-Lenovo-U-Y-e-Z/O-Lenovo-5i-está-descarregando-a-bateria-quando-o-notebook-é-desligado-e-desconectado-da-energia/m-p/5066431

Options

2217 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

524 Signins

19619 Page Views

• Views: 19619
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Lenovo 5i is draining battery when the notebook is turned off and disconnected from the power.

2021-02-16, 12:56 PM

Hello @GabrielMoto,

Thanks you for sharing your solution.

I am sure fellow members would likewise appreciate such. You may also send your suggestion through our feedback channels in the support page and main lenovo page to report this to our BIOS developers.

Regards.

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Re:Lenovo 5i is draining battery when the notebook is turned off and disconnected from the power.

2021-02-17, 21:54 PM

I redid the BIOS update EFCN46WW using three methods, first by executable file, second by Lenovo Vantage and last and most damaging by the Windows update system, all methods presented a battery drain after turning off the notebook and removing the power plug .

I do not advise you to update the BIOS through Windows using the update system under OPTIONAL UPDATES, because even if you downgrade bios, Windows will reinstall the BIOS EFCN46WW and you will have to know how to remove this automatic update through the device manager. Do not update this optional action.

The reason that the EFCN46WW BIOS is draining battery is because this version is not allowing the notebook to shut down even by clicking to shut down via the system or power button, instead of shutting down it is going into SUSPENSION mode.

This BIOS EFCN46WW is also causing numerous problems of conflict with windows in the part of power management, for example you take the notebook out of the power socket and do not go into economy mode or each moment you take it out of the socket assigns a different power profile, this occurred even after restoring windows.

Another serious error is in the SPECIAL FN function is inverted in the LENOVO VANTAGE, when off it shows on and when on it shows off;

All these problems are not present in the EFCN45WW firmware, when restoring to this version everything is back to normal.

I would like to understand how a company the size of Lenovo made numerous mistakes in building this BIOS. Pitiful to see that.

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-03-01, 22:11 PM
Until today there has been no update of bios. A shame!
Options

9431 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26675 Signins

574925 Page Views

• Views: 574925
  • Message 5 of 10

2021-03-10, 18:25 PM

Hi GabrielMoto,

the BIOS Update has been released more than 3 months ago, but we haven't seen any similar reports to the behavior which you are unfortunately encountering. It is advised to reset the BIOS defaults after loading a new BIOS Update, which I would recommend after installing it. 

Have you already reported this behavior to our service? 

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2021-03-17, 5:27 AM

Checks the forum better the numerous problems being reported!

Do you have any higher education?

I have a degree in computer science and a graduate degree.  I believe that you have no level to want to teach me!

Options

9431 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26675 Signins

574925 Page Views

• Views: 574925
  • Message 7 of 10

2021-03-18, 20:09 PM

I'm not doubting any higher education that you have achieved, but have asked two simple questions which you haven't even addressed. Unfortunately the symptom in connection to this model isn't known to me, and it would be best if you would allow our technicians to troubleshoot it on the affected device.

Please note that according to our community guidelines, you are supposed to approach discussions constructively and treat everyone in the community respectfully, including Lenovo employees, which you seem to ignore when reviewing your posts from both EN and PT communities. I would advise you to kindly review our community guidelines once again and to follow their instructions when drafting future posts.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-03-18, 22:22 PM

@ Juraj_Lenovo wrote:

I' not doubting any higher education that you have achieved, but have asked two simple questions which you haven' even addressed. Unfortunately the symptom in connection to this model isn' known to me, and it would be best if you would allow our technicians to troubleshoot it on the affected device.

Please note that according to our community guidelines, you are supposed to approach discussions constructively and treat everyone in the community respectfully, including Lenovo employees, which you seem to ignore when reviewing your posts from both EN and PT communities. I would advise you to kindly review our community guidelines once again and to follow their instructions when drafting future posts.

You are the ones who do not act correctly on the forum, who do not respect consumers are you.

Bios is full of problems and you do not have the knowledge to say what is or is not a problem.

Both moderators and administrators of this forum are useless, not for nothing that I have a against this company.

Before asking for respect, be respectful.

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2021-03-18, 22:27 PM

@ GabrielMoto wrote:

Another serious error is in the SPECIAL FN function is inverted in the LENOVO VANTAGE, when off it shows on and when on it shows off;

Look at this stupid mistake above, it proves the level of competence of the company.

Very easy not to say that there is no problem, lenovo acts in bad faith!

Options

49 Posts

04-10-2015

Brazil

20 Signins

265 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-04-08, 21:05 PM

@ Juraj_Lenovo

The BIOS EFCN48WW has the same faults as the BIOS EFCN46WW reported in this post, do not update to either, continue in the BIOS EFCN45WW which is more stable.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms