Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isaac1337
What's DOS?
Views: 628
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Gaming Laptop Problems

Dear community,

I've recently bought a Lenovo Legion (Y520-15IKBN 80WK00U8MH)

And since I've got this laptop I have experienced a lot of problems with it.

As I understood this is a gaming laptop but it really doesn't look like it.

I've got so many problems but the biggest one is that the laptop only has only 1 jack, so I've got to choose, use the sound or microphone cable of my headset, I've tried using sound from my headset and sound from the built-in microphone from my laptop, but the mic quality is so **bleep**, I paid 1200 EUR for this laptop and the makers can't even afford to build in a good quality microphone.

Also when I plug out my headset and plug it in then there comes no sound from my headset, I've updated all my drivers but it didn't fix it, I have to restart my laptop everytime to plug my headset in again.

Also, I can't use multiple buttons on my keyboard, I understood that this is a GAMING LAPTOP but I can't use w+shift+z, the button z doesn't work, I have to let go shift or w to let z work, **bleep** is that for bull**bleep**? a 3-key rollover in a 1200 EUR gaming laptop.

Has anyone suggestions how I can fix the main problems, I can live with the small laptop problems, but I regret buying this laptop.

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

B3CKS
802.11n
Views: 590
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Gaming Laptop Problems

Youre second issue is true. I also have this problem:

If I play GTA5 and if I play a race i have to use the numblock and WSAD. I Sometimes i have to push W+A 4+8 or 5. That does not work with my Y520 so all player with Controller or a better keyboard simple catch me.

Your first issue

I would suggest to get a fresh install of windows and see if this works. Fresh install means with Media Creation Tool and not via Windows itself "FRESHSTART"!

greetz 

I Y520ikbn 7300HQ I GTX 1050 Ti 2GB I 16GB RAM I SSD´s I
RabidSasquatch0
Token Ring
Views: 568
Message 3 of 7

I had a similar issue with headphones not being picked up when unplugged and plugged back in on the Y720, however, this might be a different cause.  In my case, I found the culprit to be that I had disabled Realtek HD Audio on startup (I was trying to reduce startup times/cut down on memory usage).  Re-enabling it has eliminated that issue.  If you check task manager and go to the startup tab, you can see the list of enabled and disabled tasks on startup.  Right-clicking on any of them allows you to enable or disable them, so if your Realtek software is disabled, I would suggest re-enabling it (or if you really want to get something less resource intensive, find an alternative software online).

Fesiitis
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 4 of 7

Y720 has audio / microphone combo jack. It means you can connect your headset audio and microphone cables using 3.5mm splitter, for example this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Headphone-Splitter-Controller-Headphones-White/dp/B00Y458NA6/ref=sr_...

Second option is to purchase 3.5mm to USB or USB-C, for example this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-USB-C-Earphone-Adapter-white/dp/B076X8W2QR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=15...

Isaac1337
What's DOS?
Views: 524
Message 5 of 7

I did that already yes, thanks a lot for your help!

It bothers me that I have to restart my laptop tho to use my headset again after unplugging it :/

Fesiitis
Punch Card
Views: 513
Message 6 of 7

You can try restart Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service when your described problem happens. Search for "services.msc" and then right click on "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" service, then click on "Restart".

Isaac1337
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 7 of 7

Didn't know this one, thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors