Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sos_hk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,138
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 15-ISK - Sleep mode problem

Greetings!

I recently bought a new laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 15-ISK, with Windows 10 Home preloaded. I found a minor problem that happens frequently.

After the laptop is idled for a period of time, 5 or 10 mins depending on plugged in or not as you know, the laptop first turns off display, then goes into sleep mode after another 5 or 10 mins.

The problem is, after I come back and try to turn it back on, the screen stays black.

However, I can see that the laptop is indeed responding by pressing NumLock, CapLock, or in my case, Fn-Space to turn on/off the backlight of keyboard.

I checked and I have the latest windows updates and latest drivers for everything.

So, any brilliant idea on this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

bobqu
Punch Card
Views: 5,098
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 15-ISK - Sleep mode problem

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-No-power-no-display/td-p/2228277

Does it goes to normal after reset? If yes turn off hibernate mode as soon as possible!!! you will find a way to do it in the thread above. If it doesn't go back to normal and you are stuck with a brick then the only solution is to send it for a warranty repair. There is a bug in the bios which causes that.

Former Employee
Views: 4,873
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 15-ISK - Sleep mode problem

In response to customer reports that Y700-15ISK, Y700-15ISK Touch, and Y700-17ISK laptops do not wake from sleep mode, may unexpectedly reboot, or may show a Yellow Bang, Lenovo has provided a Service TIP.

The Service TIP is available here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF16-I0012

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors