Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hihartavi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,230
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ISK Laptop turning fans off

Hi,

I wonder is there any way to turn fans off? Cpu temp is about 30 celsius and they still keep running. They don't stop even once. Do yo think this is a normal situation? Do your laptop's fans run without any pause? It gives me headaches.Agghh...

Thanks, 

Guru
Views: 1,223
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ISK Laptop turning fans off

There isn't a way to manualy turn off the fans. Keep your laptop well ventilated in a cool place, and choose a power plan different than "High Performance". If your laptop gets cool enough, it will stop the fans

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Hihartavi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,170
Message 3 of 6

I keep it in a cool place but no change to have fans stoped. The power option was set power saver mode with passive cooling. Because i sometimes use my laptop only for web browsing and word editting. When i monitor temp of cpu via HWMonitor, I see 29-30 degrees but fans are still running. It is WAY below the average cpu operating temp. I believe that it is something about new bios update,53VW. Any other ideas?

Guru
Views: 1,160
Message 4 of 6

It could be related to a bios update, since i am using an older bios version. I think my fans stop around/below 25c.

It would be wise to run a malware and antivirus scan, just to be sure nothing is is keeping the cpu busy

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,145
Message 5 of 6

Hi Hihartavi, 

Have you check if the system has the latest BIOS version. Also please update the chipset drivers. You can get the BIOS from support.lenovo.com, just input the serial number of you laptop to get the correct system. If the issue persist then please contact Lenovo warranty support in your region for service if the system is still under warranty. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Hihartavi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,082
Message 6 of 6

I ve downgraded the BIOS version to 52WW and it is better now. I think it was all about the last version of BIOS update. I hope Lenovo starts to work on a new BIOS update that will give us more control features enabled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors