01-12-2021

CA

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 - 15ISK New Charger Help

2021-01-12, 19:36 PM

My original charger for my laptop charger began to fray so I purchased a new one from a tech company in the city. I made the mistake of quickly checking it over and thought it was perfect till I got home, realized it was a bit off and that they don't accept returns. I was hoping you guys could help me by letting me know if I can still use the charger or if I should just go ahead and buy a new one. 

The original charger model is: ADL135NDC3A with an input of 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz and an output of 20V --- 6.75A

The new charger model is: ADL170NLC2A with an input of 100-240V~2.5A 50-60Hz and an output of 20V --- 8.5A

I was only told that the voltage was supposed to be identical which it is, but the difference is the smaller decimals near the voltage. I want to be completely sure it won't fry my computer or just not work. Thank you guys for your help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3015 Posts

12-13-2016

US

5221 Signins

56536 Page Views

• Views: 56536
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Ideapad Y700 - 15ISK New Charger Help

2021-01-12, 19:59 PM

Welcome to the Community

As long as the voltage and connector are the same, the higher wattage won't matter. The computer will only draw what it needs up to the maximum output of the charger. Replacing a 135 watt charger with a 170 watt charger won't make any difference.  Going from 135 watt to a 45 watt charger will result in slower charging and battery drain even when plugged in. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms