cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonynaui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,729
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK wont start after plugging charger at 10%.

Hey guys!! So yeah, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK laptop. It's a really cool laptop! And it's a monster in gaming! Also, it's new. I had it with me for about 2 months now. I have no negative comments about this laptop. This laptop was my dream laptop. I always take care of it and made sure it is in top condition.  But you see, One day, like 3-4 days ago (sunday), when I got home I turned on my laptop to update my excel table for my expenses, it was bout 90%. After that, I took a nap leaving my laptop still turned on. When I woke up, I saw it was 10% percent. Of course, like any normal person would do, I plugged in the charger. To my suprise, It suddenly turned off by itself right after I plugged in the charger to the wall socket. Thinking that It just got lowbat, it was all right for me. Or so I thought. After that, I noticed that there were no lights that indicate that it is charging in my laptop. Please help!!! It's been 3 or 4 days now and I still can't use it!!! It won't charge, it won't turn on because of the lowbat and I can't fix it.

Any ideas??

(i have a background on Electronics Engineering if it matters) i did some analysis.

1. I'm pretty sure that the battery is okay, but of course it's lowbat cause it shutdown at 10%.

2. My charger is perfectly fine. (I tried it on another y700 at a store, also, my laptop does not charge with another y700 charger)

3. I do believe that it is in the hardware because, like I said, the light indicator should light up when I try to charge it. I think it does not detect any charging activity due to a loss of continuity in the circuit. (I think)

4. I smell some sort of odor as if it were an IC was recently toasted near the exhaust fan.

5. I THINK my laptop broke because it was in the verge of dying (the battery was at 10 percent) and was not able to comprehend the sudden entry (from the charger's output) of high current (around 6 amps and 20volts) thus, receiving a shock that could have destroyed its internal components.

Twist: I bought it in the Philippines but right now I am in Japan and will be living here for about a 1 year (for studies). If should I be left with no options I would probably go to a service center. Does anyone know if one exists in Japan??

All of those are just assumptions based on my observations and analysis based on my range of knowledge in electronics. Should you have any questions please email me. Also, I would want to know your thoughts on this. Please I need help and advices before I do any steps further to my demise. It has been 3 or 4 days now and I am completely worried about my laptop. It is just such a waste it broke to an event like that. Unacceptable and hurtful for me. It was such a good laptop and I think one of the best. Please help.

update:

1. So I tried to charge my laptop again but still wouldn't function nor indicate a light that it was charging. I'm getting really worried now. I am starting to be convince that there might be something wrong with the hardware. Damaged part I guess? 

2. I will try to leave it untouched for a week and see what happens. Maybe The behaviour of the motherboard would go back to normal by that time, if it were damaged at a minimum.

3. I really don't know if this concept works in computers but, is it possible that my laptop cannot power up because of lowbat? Like in a car, i mean. (I don't know, I'm freaking out now)

Please, if anyone knows if there is a lenovo service center in Japan, kindly tell me. I tried using the toll free customer service hotline here but my Japanese (language) is bad at the moment. Cannot fully understand what they're saying. 

I would be very much obliged if anyone took the time reading this. Good day!

Guru
Views: 2,704
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK wont start after plugging charger at 10%.

Only a technician can tell bro but sounds like the charging port connector to motherboard fried/failed.

This is the full phone support list -

https://support.lenovo.com/mx/en/supportphonelist_full?linkTrack=footerSmiley Frustratedupport_Phone%20List

You can select Japan and call them to see if they cover your laptop in warranty.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
anthonynaui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,685
Message 3 of 6

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of Smiley Sad Can't call to Japan lenovo customer center here. My japanese is still bad. I really don't know what to do. I can't find any customer service center here in Japan.

Thanks any way man. 

MantasG1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,982
Message 4 of 6

Anthony I thing I have the same problam, cant turn on my pc,  mayby you fix your lenovo.

Can you say what bad be with your Lenovo ?

anthonynaui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,835
Message 5 of 6

Well, it's been over a year since that happened to me. But my laptop is fine now, I got it shipped back to the Philippines and used my warranty to get my motherboard replaced. So yeah, that's what I did.

Apparantly, when the good people of Lenovo service center (Philippines) opened my laptop, they smelled something as if it were short circuited. Since, they didn't know which part was it, they just replaced my motherboard with a new one. Which kinda sucks cause I had to wait a couple of weeks to get it shipped back to Japan. All I did was plugged it in a power source with the battery drained out Smiley Sad .

I'm guessing the cause was a power surge, maybe? Who knows? Or perhaps a 1 in a million factory defect-motherboard was given to me. Haha. But yeah, everything's fine now, already got back home here in the Philippines. And my Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK is doing great. Although, the Serial number and Product number can't be recognize by my machine and the brand new CDCN54WW bios logo sucks. HAHA.

Hope you solve yours too. Goodluck, mate!

Hyperfish
802.11n
Views: 1,808
Message 6 of 6

@anthonynaui wrote:

the brand new CDCN54WW bios logo sucks. HAHA. 

Quoted for truth.

I'm trying to make Lenovo do something about it, please upvote the post in the link below (click I have this question too):

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors