Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will98
What's DOS?
Views: 70
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Battery Concern

Hello,

So I have been trying to keep my laptop battery in proper condition, and I came accross this thing called Conservation mode in Lenovo Vantage, Although because it only charged till 60% it was quite a concern, so what I am doing is charging my laptop to 85-90 and then putting it on conservative mode (which will run it off AC-Adaptor, while keeping the charge at 85-90) and then keep using it until I need.

Although from past few days I have been living at home so no real need to go out with my laptop, and due to which I have been using my laptop in conservative mode at 90% charge from about 2-3 days constant and as I am also a programmer, I do spend almost 15-20 hours per day.

So I was concerned if using the laptop at conservative mode for 2-3 days and over 15-20 hours at 90% would affect my battery in any way or no, as it will be running through the AC-Power?

Note: It is always on the conservative mode and plugged in with the adaptor for all the 15-20 hours every day.

Thanks,

William S Bruce.

Guru
Views: 67
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Battery Concern

You will be fine.  For Ideapads conservation mode limits you to 60% but on thinkpads you can choose 90% threshold.  I have mine setup on to stop charging at 90% and start at 80% for years on my W510 with no issues.  It was plugged in for 12-14 hours a day.  Not quite as long as your 15-20.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors