Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2 (541 Views)

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Problems: lagging and heating up

Hey guys. I have the y700 touch screen version, and recently I've noticed that the laptop lags when opening files or when I'm using chrome or word. I have 16 gbs of ram, and there seems to be no issue with task manager. Sometimes the disk reads at 100% activity, but most of the time it's a Lenovo or Microsoft service that is causing it. Other times there is no abnormal activity within task manager and it still lags. Even when I select various icons in the desktop there is a noticeable lag. Also, the laptop gets hot quickly when I'm not even playing games or running heavy programs. I've been told by different Lenovo representatives that it could be a software issue and that I should try a factory reset, but I've also been told that it can be an issue with the cooling system, as it gets hot very quickly. This is a very recent issue, and it is quite annoying as I basically burn my hands while doing my work. I've scanned for viruses and malware, and there is no problem what's so ever. Can anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 2 (405 Views)

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Problems: lagging and heating up

Hi there!

1 Check the cooler, see if it spins.

2 You heva an HDD not SSD, I do get some 100% usage quite often, check windows update, watch in task manager at the disk usage tab and see what causes the problem. If its "system" ist windows related.

3 You might need to replace tehe thermal pasete, because stock one is pretty bad. Myne had 26'C impact.

4 Inspect the venting system of the laptop, blow some air in the heatsink, see if there are dust bunnies in there.

Top kudoed Authors