Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dennis777
What's DOS?
Views: 1,517
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Screen Black out, also Mathematical Operations Test fail

Hi, this is my new Lenovo Y700 which i recently bought.

Very often, my screen will black out. I have to press the power button to shut down and restart the computer in order for the screen to show again. 

Also, when i run hardware scan, it is showig Mathematical Operations Test.

I am disappointed with this. Is this something that can easily fixed or i have to send in for servicing?

Thank you.

yvvijay
What's DOS?
Views: 1,491
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Screen Black out, also Mathematical Operations Test fail

Hi Dennis777,
I had the same issue as well. Please update your Intel Video Drivers. Both the issues will go away.

Hope this Helps!
Vijay.
Former Employee
Views: 1,430
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Screen Black out, also Mathematical Operations Test fail

In response to customer reports that Y700-15ISK, Y700-15ISK Touch, and Y700-17ISK laptops do not wake from sleep mode, may unexpectedly reboot, or may show a Yellow Bang, Lenovo has provided a Service TIP.

The Service TIP is available here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF16-I0012

Updating video drivers will resolve the mathematical error seen in LSC. Video drivers for your model can be downloaded at support.lenovo.com.

Thank you,

cj70
Paper Tape
Views: 1,264
Message 4 of 7

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

In response to customer reports that Y700-15ISK, Y700-15ISK Touch, and Y700-17ISK laptops do not wake from sleep mode, may unexpectedly reboot, or may show a Yellow Bang, Lenovo has provided a Service TIP.

The Service TIP is available here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF16-I0012

Updating video drivers will resolve the mathematical error seen in LSC. Video drivers for your model can be downloaded at support.lenovo.com.

Thank you,

This does not work.  I updated the video drivers with what was available online (10.18.15.4271 -  10/22/2015) and still get the same error message.

Video Card

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530      Result Code: WVC007002-UL7ZIH

• Video Memory Test                           Passed
  • Mathematical Operations Test        Failed
  • Texture Pipeline Test                         Passed

Any other ideas?

jmececil
Punch Card
Views: 1,218
Message 5 of 7

You were still downloading the same drivers. Lenovo's support page hasn't been updated yet.

One way is to to controll panel , device manager , click on display adapters,double , click on itel , click on the drivers tab and choose update drivers.

Lucila1
Punch Card
Views: 1,123
Message 6 of 7

Hi, I have the same problem in my new Lenovo Ideapad Y700. I have just updated my Intel Video Drivers and the Mathematical Operations Test does not fail anymore, but the screen still blackout many times for less than 1 second while i'm using it.

I am disappointed with this too. And i also want to know if is this something that can easily fixed or i have to send in for servicing?

I'm from Argentina, and i should send it to US because my warranty is not international. Can I exend it? Or can i send my new computer by postal service?

Thank you

cj70
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 7 of 7

Eventually, it started working.  However, now I have the following...

PROBLEM:

Display flickers and distorts when at highest resolution - 3840 x 2160 (Recommended).

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:
Setting the display at a lower resolution with the same aspect ratio keeps the display from distoring - 2048 x 1152.

My NVIDIA is the default display card, however, switching to the integrated Intel Graphics processor doesn't fix the problem at the highest resolution.

PERMANENT FIX:

Good question, what is the fix?  Do I need to send my laptop back to the factory or can it be fixed with a driver?

Device specifications

ideapad Y700 Touch-151SK

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
  •                     2.60 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
  • System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks,

Carl

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors