Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

Lenovo LEGION 5 15.6 - Connecting external monitors

2020-08-17, 2:23 AM

Hello,

I'm considering buying this laptop and I want to connect 2 external monitors but I'm not finding any information about how to accomplish it. 

Does anyone know which docking station I can use? Do any of them also charge the laptop?

Is this one from Lenovo correct for this laptop? https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-USB-C-Dock-40AS0090US/dp/B07R68XHZ9/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G3SC9WSVVEPRDFVAAE9E

Thanks in advance for any help of the subject.

-Mike

Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo LEGION 5 15.6 - Connecting external monitors

2020-08-31, 20:07 PM

I'm not sure on the docking station, but the USB-C supports display port.  So you can get a USB-C to HDMI adapter and do 2 external monitors that way.

Options

4 Posts

10-14-2020

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

8 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo LEGION 5 15.6 - Connecting external monitors

2020-10-14, 6:19 AM

As Cam3n mentioned, it supports display port on USB-C.  You can connect a monitor via this port to quickly connect a monitor.  In addition, there is a HDMI connection where you can connect an additional monitor or TV.   These will use the Nvidia GPU.  In addition, you can connect a display with one of the USB A ports and it will use the onboard integrated GPU.  Although I haven't tried, I assume you can connect more displays to the other USB A ports.  All of this without the need for any adapters or port replicators.  

I am a trader and bought the Legion 5 (15ARH05H) as a desktop replacement as I will be living away from home for a while.  I connect an Asus portable monitor via Type-A and a G-Story portable monitor via Type-C.  TVs are used as a 3rd display via HDMI port when needed/available.  

One of the main reasons I chose this laptop over others, was to have everything (all my displays) connected to the rear of the laptop to avoid clutter on my desk.  And up to now, it has been amazing for me.  Originally I wanted the Legion 7, but am satisfied by going with the Legion 5 instead. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms