Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yasko75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legio Y740, fresh install, advice on software/drivers

First time Laptop user here, i allways have gone with desktop before. The first thing i did was to "upgrade" Windows 10 Home edition i got by installing Windows 10 Pro(fresh install). 

Now i lack some of the software that came with Vantage etc. Since i´m not so experienced with laptops, i´ll ask you guys. Which of the software/drivers should i install and which ones can be skipped? Obviously i have already installed Eset antivirus, but i´m so lost when it comes to "laptop sowftare"!

With graphic drivers i did as this forum suggested, Intel VGA first and NVIDIA second.

Oh, BTW, does anyone have link to that wallpaper that came with pre-installed Windows Home? 

Guru
Views: 60
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legio Y740, fresh install, advice on software/drivers

@Yasko75 wrote:
Oh, BTW, does anyone have link to that wallpaper that came with pre-installed Windows Home? 

Please check this thread.

------
Highlighted
BlueWombat
Punch Card
Views: 51
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legio Y740, fresh install, advice on software/drivers

@Yasko75 wrote:

First time Laptop user here, i allways have gone with desktop before. The first thing i did was to "upgrade" Windows 10 Home edition i got by installing Windows 10 Pro(fresh install). 

Now i lack some of the software that came with Vantage etc. Since i´m not so experienced with laptops, i´ll ask you guys. Which of the software/drivers should i install and which ones can be skipped? Obviously i have already installed Eset antivirus, but i´m so lost when it comes to "laptop sowftare"!

I suggest to do the the automatic scan from the Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/

Let it detect your laptop automatically and then it will scan which drivers you need for your laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors