Options

2 Posts

07-11-2020

US

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 - Backlit keyboard not turning on? Fn + Spacebar NOT WORKING

2020-07-12, 17:20 PM

So, recently I've noticed the Fn+spacebar shortcut doesn't toggle my backlit keyboard to turn off or on. The weird thing is, the backlight turns on when I start up my laptop but the moment I turn it off and try to turn it back on later with Fn+spacebar, it doesn't work at all! 

I've heard this might be a BIOS problem but I checked everything on Lenovo Vantage a bunch of times and the program insists that everything is up to date... what should I do?? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

475 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

69 Signins

3011 Page Views

• Views: 3011
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 - Backlit keyboard not turning on? Fn + Spacebar NOT WORKING

2020-07-13, 9:56 AM

@ Jae1C wrote:

So, recently I've noticed the Fn+spacebar shortcut doesn't toggle my backlit keyboard to turn off or on. The weird thing is, the backlight turns on when I start up my laptop but the moment I turn it off and try to turn it back on later with Fn+spacebar, it doesn't work at all! 

I've heard this might be a BIOS problem but I checked everything on Lenovo Vantage a bunch of times and the program insists that everything is up to date... what should I do?? 

Hi there Jae1C

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try heading over to the Support Page for your device and download and install the newest Chipset / Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers for your device. Also look for any firmware driver updates for your device if any. These kind of updates don't normally get updated through the Vantage app as far as I know.

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then Chipset

Please make sure you have your AC adapter connected when applying these updates.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

07-09-2020

ID

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 - Backlit keyboard not turning on? Fn + Spacebar NOT WORKING

2020-07-26, 13:32 PM

this doesnt help at all... updating! event download and installed all driver manualy doesnt help!

Options

1 Posts

08-01-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-01, 13:51 PM

I just received a Legion 5-17IMH05H and have also updated the drivers and BIOS and am having the same issue with no back light on the keyboard.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete