Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-07-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H storage upgrade

2021-04-07, 12:19 PM

I have recently purchased Lenovo Legion 5 with 512GB SSD and would like to add an additional M.2 ssd. Before I do that, can I get a confirmation that it won't void the warranty? Thanks

Options

2095 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

228 Signins

10741 Page Views

• Views: 10741
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H storage upgrade

2021-04-07, 13:21 PM

Hi Dainora,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are comfortable with adding new hardware, then you should be able to without voiding the warranty on Legions (not so much for Flex/Slim/Yoga models), but if any damage or problem comes of the upgrade, then the warranty will be void and not cover it. So take good care when doing so, and make sure you follow the Hardware Manual (Chapter 3 & 4) for replacing FRU/CRU components. 

This is the official guide on getting OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts:

How to Look Up and Purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts
Using your serial number in the parts lookup can get you the OEM whitelisted part number and other compatible substitutes if available.

For Replacement Part pricing and availability

FRU

CRU

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms