10-05-2018 01:17 AM
I recently purhcased HP NVME SSD (HP PCIe NVME TLC 256GB SSD M.2 Drive) for my Lenovo legion Y 520 but i am facing problems while installing OS in new SSD. First, it is showing in BIOS but not showing in Windows Disk Managment. Tried to install fresh OS in SSD with differenent Options(changed sata controller mode to AHCI) but still no success. I would really appreciate if somebody can help me to solve this issue.
10-05-2018 08:15 AM
FIrst restore the defaults in the BIOS from the exit tab and then save and exit.
On a similar query, you can try the following steps:
Run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.
1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.
2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.
4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.
6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.
7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close
Recheck disk management and try to assign letter to the possible SSD drive and format it as GPT.
Update us how it goes.