cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_jerry3388
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 86
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBA Not Using Correct GPU?

Hi there, so I am not good with computers and I had a lot of problems with my Lenovo Legion laptop. I had a lot of framerate issues before, and would just wait until it magically fixed itself. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Legion-Y520-15IKBA-Laptop-Lenovo-Type-80WY-I-am-having-f...)

Well, the solution I found was when it magically fixed itself, by leaving my laptop plugged in, I wouldn't ever have FPS drops again. Today, I accidentally left my laptop unplugged, it got to low battery, and yikes, now I don't have frames anymore. A few friends and I tried figuring it out, but couldn't. One of them mentioned that my laptop may have automatically switched to the integrated Intel graphics that are much weaker because it automatically switched to low power mode.

I looked and all of my settings are at high performance even on battery life...so we are really at a loss.

How do I ensure that the right cards are being used? Thanks so much, this has been a really frustrating experience.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors