Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuicideNation
What's DOS?
Views: 264
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN

Hello all. I am about to buy the Legion Y520-15IKBN. It's the i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060  version. I have 2 questions though before I buy it.

1. I have a Seagate Barracuda 5TB 2,5" HDD, a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500GB and a HyperX Impact 16GB DDR4-2400 laptop RAM. Can I install them on this model or if I open it it will void the warranty? 

2. The laptop comes with no OS. I have Windows 10 on my desktop PC. Since Windows are connected to the Outlook account (I think), will I be able to install and activate them on the laptop or I have to buy new?

Thank you very much for any answers

pranav_stefan
SCSI Port
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN

@SuicideNationwrote:

Hello all. I am about to buy the Legion Y520-15IKBN. It's the i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060  version. I have 2 questions though before I buy it.

1. I have a Seagate Barracuda 5TB 2,5" HDD, a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500GB and a HyperX Impact 16GB DDR4-2400 laptop RAM. Can I install them on this model or if I open it it will void the warranty? 

2. The laptop comes with no OS. I have Windows 10 on my desktop PC. Since Windows are connected to the Outlook account (I think), will I be able to install and activate them on the laptop or I have to buy new?

Thank you very much for any answers

My suggestion is don't buy this laptop. You are buying with GTX 1060. Nvidia Graphics driver for this on lenovo support site is 1 year old. Drivers from Nvidia official site voids warranty and there is a post in this forum that says latest driver from Nvidia does not give good performance with this laptop. And Lenovo is not going to update drivers now. So unless you are ok with using 1 year old graphics driver don't buy these laptop or any other legion series laptop. If you are serious about gaming and are going to buy high end GPU buy desktop only. And there you can definaly use all those HDD and RAM that you asked. I made mistake in buying Legion. Save your self man

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors