Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yemrek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,068
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legion Y520 BIOS Update Issue

Hello everyone. First of all, please tolerate my writing abilities.

About 2 weeks ago, my legion y520 laptop did not started properly. It has stuck on Lenovo logo. I could not be able to enter menu whatever i did. I sent the laptop to my local Lenovo service. They have replaced my SSD to new one. However, they did not initialized it and install the Win10 to my HDD. So, i installed Win10 to SSD. Before initialing the SSD, it was not listed on avaible disks. I went to BIOS menu. In "SATA controller mode" i switch the option from intel to ahci. Then it listed on disks that can be installed Win10. It looks like fine until here. While updating the BIOS version from 4KCN28WW to 4KCN30WW, the issue i mentioned above repeated itself. It stuck 2 times on Lenovo logo for 10 seconds, then booted again. I entered BIOS to prevent SSD crash. In SATA Controller Mode, i see that BIOS updating changed my selection from AHCI to Intel. But same problem kept continuing. I had to reinstall the OS again. Now, it seems there is no problem. I think this switching caused the breaking of SSD. Is there any way the update BIOS without any changes of my selections or completely disable auto-updating? I really do not want to experince that problem again.

Lexuss
802.11n
Views: 1,017
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 BIOS Update Issue

What is your SSD(name).I install new BIOS too, and after update sata controler was on IRST.I change to ACHI and give default bios settings on BIOS menu.This problem not broke SSD.Your SSD has been defect may be.

yemrek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,003
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 BIOS Update Issue

It is Samsung MZVL256. The old SSD was completely defected. When it was attached, the pc was stuck on logo. i could not even enter bios. Then I deteached it, the pc was able to enter bios and boot. Local Lenovo services considered it has been defect and changed my SSD. But then i faced with the problem i mentioned with new SSD. By switching AHCI mode, SSD showed up in PC. While updating BIOS, the update changed the mode from AHCI to IRST. Then the problem repeated itself. The PC was stucked on logo. I went to BIOS and switch the mode back to AHCI. System tried to boot but Win10 was completely broke again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors